Title: Intern/Part-time Assistant
Location: New Orleans, LA
Organization: Enriched Schools
Enriched Schools is a national movement committed to reimagining how communities and schools come together in order to maximize student success.
Company Mission and Background
Enriched connects great people to great schools. We are on a mission to eliminate the loss of student learning due to teacher absence, and we do so by tapping into the power of community. We believe that the “sub” day is an opportunity to ignite passions in kids and push learning forward, not leave students (or teachers) 2 steps behind. Founded by a former teacher and TFA alumna in New Orleans, Enriched has grown to become a trusted partner for charter schools across 10 cities seeking to provide systems of excellence, support and sustainability for their staff.
- Customer Service: our partners are everything; we’re obsessive about serving them with world class urgency, care + integrity. We drop everything to ensure they have “WOW”-level experiences every time.
- Community: we believe it takes a village, know we are nothing without our GEs and are relentless about finding and keeping the best in order to honor their time and talents.
- Creativity: every hour of the school day should be full of spark and passion, and we practice innovation and flexibility in all the ways we operate to deliver upon our promise that every day counts for all kids.
- Students First: we exist to help kids.
- Ownership: we do 1 thing great but all things good. we step up. own it.
- Grind: we work hard. we outperform. never quit.
- Innovate: we are bias to action. we iterate with urgency. exercise the right to try.
- Results: we deliver. we find a way. actions speak louder than words.
- Humility: we serve from the heart. we stay hungry. sans ego with compassion.
- Excellence: we are rigorous. we think it thru. great isn’t good enough.
- Growth: we think big. we play offense. never stop improving.
- Positivity: we exude optimistic, motivating energy. we make the weather. choose joy.
- Hospitality: we smile. we assume the best. people remember how you make them feel.
Enriched Schools is seeking a highly motivated and organized assistant to fill a critical role in our national education organization.
The ideal candidate is extremely hard-working, with a relentless desire to learn, grow and succeed. We are looking for someone passionate and hungry, who is willing to put in extraordinary effort, energy and time to ensure that the core of our organization runs smoothly. This position will primarily consist of writing and creating our teacher profile cards. These cards are sent to our partner schools to put a face to their name before arriving on their first day.
- Extraordinary Interpersonal Skills: You’re an excellent and nuanced communicator. You build relationships quickly while gathering key information.
- Relentless Problem Solver: You have not seen a challenge you could not solve or a wall you could not get through/around/over. You get things done. Excellently, efficiently and with minimal oversight.
- Passionate: You believe educational inequity is the civil rights issue of our time. You love all children and believe they deserve the best opportunities for life and learning.
- Desire to learn, grow and work hard
- Excellent, clear, fast communication skills
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, with strong ability to multitask effectively and calmly, particularly in high-pressure, high-urgency environments
- Highly customer-service oriented, successful experience in hospitality or customer support is a plus
- College degree preferred
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Enriched Schools seeks individuals of all ethnic, socio-economic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Enriched is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.