Enova’s hybrid work model allows employees to work in the office T, W, and TH with the option to work from home on Monday and Friday.
About the role:
The Data Services Team builds data strategy and provides data solutions across the organization. We integrate, transform, and improve volumes of data at the project or enterprise level for streamlined processes, greater efficiencies, and smarter, more informed decision-making. This team is eager, dynamic and in a business-critical domain space. This role is an opportunity to make a difference in the data space, and we need experienced people eager to bring in solutions, and make that happen.
What you'll do:
- Support the data needs of Software Engineering, Strategy, Product, Compliance, Operations, Technology and Analytics teams
- Opportunity to lead technical projects by architecting the solution and collaborating with team members and peers to implement the solution
- Architect, implement and maintaining multi-layered SQL and Python processes
- Enhance the tooling and Python Frameworks to support complex Extract Transform Load (ETL) or Extract Load Transform (ELT) processes
- Act diligently to respond to urgent projects and tasks
- Troubleshoot discrepancies in existing databases, data pipelines, warehouses, and reporting
- Collaborate with principals, peers, leadership, and the business
- Work as a "full stack" Data Engineer contributing to each phase of the SDLC, building a new pipeline between two data sources or working with the business to design and develop a new dashboard
We're excited about you if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of previous experience in data engineering with a focus on database related technologies
- 1+ years of hands-on experience working with Python
- Hands-on experience of SQL and database related technologies, particularly PostgreSQL.
- 2+ years of experience working with Cloud Data Warehouse Technologies such as Snowflake or Redshift.
- 1+ years of experience working with AWS RDS, Aurora, Lambda, S3, Apache Kafka is desirable.
- Experience with relational database modeling principles and techniques.
- Experience with object-oriented programming methodologies and design patterns.
- Exposure to architecting, designing, and implementing ETL or ELT solutions with peers and stakeholders.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work off-hours as needed
About Data Services:
We live and breathe data at Enova, and without our Data Services or Business Intelligence team, it would be difficult to make sense of the 45 TB (and growing) of on-prem and Cloud-based data we have. Our team members are problem-solvers thinkers who focus on collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to gain insight and value for the company. The team's top priority is to help our company get even better by using and transforming data to achieve creative results.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.