We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas or take over sponsorship at this time.
Enova is currently accepting candidates for remote positions in the following eligible states: AL, AK, AR, AZ, CT, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NV, NJ, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, WI, WV, WY.
About the role:
The DBA team at Enova is looking for a PostgreSQL DBA to join our team. We are looking for someone with 5+ years of PostgreSQL experience to help manage all aspects of daily PostgreSQL operations including installation, patching, upgrades, managing users, looking into performance, help users with improving queries and look after backups. You will act diligently to respond to urgent projects and tasks and function as mentor and adviser for team members.
- 5+ years of experience managing PostgreSQL databases in a production environment
- Experience managing large-scale environments with hundreds database servers running varying PostgreSQL versions
- Experience working with several terabyte databases, greater than 5TB
- Proficiency with troubleshooting database and SQL performance issues, table partitioning, streaming replication, logical replication, and complex SQL.
- In-depth knowledge of PostgreSQL functionality and features for current, beta and legacy PostgreSQL versions.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL documentation to diagnose issues and troubleshoot performance.
- Intermediate skill level with Python and Shell scripting
- Experience working collaboratively with application development teams to implement solutions.
- Experience with Amazon Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda and S3
- Experience in any of the following databases: MS SQL Server, Snowflake, MongoDB, MySQL or Redis
- Experience messaging platforms such as Debezium, Apache Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Linux experience, Ubuntu is desirable.
- Ability to work off-hours as needed
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work schedule (In-office T/W/Th and remote M/F for hybrid-eligible roles)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance including mental health benefits
- 401(k) matching plus a ROTH option
- PTO & paid holidays off
- Sabbatical program (for eligible roles)
- Summer hours (for eligible roles)
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- DEI groups (B.L.A.C.K. @ Enova, HOLA @ Enova, Women @ Enova, Pride @ Enova, South Asians @ Enova, APEX @ Enova, and Parents @ Enova)
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Charitable matching and a paid volunteer day…Plus so much more!
Enova International is a leading financial technology company that provides online financial services through our AI and machine learning-powered Colossus™platform. We serve non-prime consumers and businesses alike, while offering world-class technology and services to traditional banks—in order to create accessible credit for millions.
Being a values-driven organization is at the core of Enova’s success. We live our values by listening to our customers, challenging assumptions, thinking big, setting high expectations, and hiring and developing the best. Through our values and our commitment to making Enova an awesome place to work, we maintain an environment of inclusion and culture where our employees can thrive. You can learn more about Enova’s values and culture here.