About the role:
The Data Services Data Warehouse team effectively and sustainably provides data solutions and tools across the organization. We integrate, transform, and improve volumes of data at the project or enterprise level for streamlined processes, greater efficiencies, and smarter, more informed decision-making. This team is high-energy, dynamic and in a business-critical domain space. This role is an opportunity to make a real difference in the data space.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the data needs of Strategy, Product, Compliance, Operations and Analytics teams
- Design and maintain multi-layered SQL and Python processes
- Develop and implement complex Extract Transform Load (ETL) and/or Extract Load Transform (ELT) processes
- Develop data warehouses as needed to facilitate analysis and reporting
- Act diligently to respond to urgent projects and tasks
- Troubleshoot discrepancies in existing databases and reporting
- Collaborate with peers, leadership and the business
- Work as a “full stack” Data Engineer contributing to each phase of the SDLC
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by management to support the operation of the business
We're excited about you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of previous experience in data engineering with a focus on database related technologies
- Technical knowledge of SQL and database related technologies, particularly PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of relational database modeling principles and techniques.
- Exposure to Cloud Data Warehouse Technologies such as Snowflake or Redshift.
- Exposure to various non-relational / NoSQL database management systems.
- Experience with AWS is desirable.
- Experience working on ETL or ELT solutions with stakeholders.
- Ability to work off-hours as needed
About Data Services:
We live and breath data at Enova, and without our Business Intelligence or Data Services team, it would be difficult to make sense of the 27 TB (and growing) of on-prem and Cloud-based data we have. Our team members are problem-solvers and action-oriented thinkers who focus on collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to gain insight and value for the company. That could mean building a new pipeline between two data sources or it could mean working with the business to design and develop a new dashboard. The team’s top priority is to help the company get even better by leveraging and transforming data to achieve innovative results.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.