About the Role:
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be part of our growing Brazil office and collaborate with our Engineering, Product Management, and Analytics teams that are dispersed across the US. Your team will look to you for testing not only at the feature level, but on the product level. You will play a key role in enabling our teams to deliver value to our customers quickly, reliably and sustainably. At Enova, we firmly believe that quality is the responsibility of the entire team. You'll be embedded in a fully cross functional team working closely with your teammates to determine what needs to be built, identify risks early, and apply the appropriate test approach for the team.
Our automated tests are written using Rspec, Selenium, Cypress, and Capybara, and run as a part of the CI/CD process using Travis and Jenkins. We focus on building high concurrency systems and test their performance using tools such as K6, and each team comes out with their own way of achieving solutions for challenges.
We're excited about you if you have:
- 4+ years of experience developing automated tests or frameworks using any object oriented programming language. We welcome engineers from various technical backgrounds to build diverse teams.
- Comfort with business-focused conversations in English.
- Experience with frontend, backend and API testing.
- The ability to decide the automation strategy for an application.
- An understanding of SQL and the ability to write moderately complex queries.
- Ability to influence and communicate with technical and non-technical team members about progress, challenges, or new ideas.
- Comfort focusing on automated testing, but can manually test when necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
About Software Engineering:
Our Software Engineering team is one of the largest in Chicago. We put the “Tech” in FinTech and are accountable for developing top notch products for our customers. We are structured into full-stack Agile teams, each aligned to core business lines and services, but no team is a silo. Our collaborative environment promotes continuous learning and innovation across all groups.
We primarily code in Ruby and Go. Not Familiar? No problem! We want engineers from diverse backgrounds and have created a self-paced training program to get you up to speed during your first few weeks with us. Beyond this, our teams organize hackathons and tech talks for additional learning, monthly town halls to keep everyone ‘in the know,' affinity and advocacy groups, and even a tech pumpkin carving contest!
Our business is growing and we need smart, curious, passionate folks from all backgrounds to help us build the technology that makes us successful. This is where you come in! Are you ready to grow with us?
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.