About the role:
As a Data Scientist, you will be one of Enova’s most valuable team members. You will develop, enhance and test the company’s models for use in determining the appropriate lending criteria and verification procedures. At times, you may be asked to conduct ad hoc analysis using statistical and financial tools to recommend for risk management, marketing and operational strategies. You will demonstrate the ability to interpret and organize data, and communicate it effectively to cross functional teams to solve business problems, provide requirements and support implementation.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in Analytics or related field
- Advanced programming skills and the ability to write customized programs for meaningful data analysis (Python, R and/or SAS are preferred)
- Experience working with relational databases, such as SQL
- Knowledge of statistical/econometric modeling
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience
About our Analytics team:
Enova's Analytics team consists of over 100 quantitative professionals dedicated to using the latest cutting-edge techniques to drive business value. We are a shared service for the entire company and operate in four core Analytics workgroups:
- Portfolio Analytics – we focus on building cutting edge risk, pricing, and underwriting models to optimize our lending decisions by using advanced modeling and simulation techniques to optimize the performance of our loan products and operations.
- Fraud Analytics – analysts on the fraud team use advanced data mining techniques to identify and fight online fraud.
- Marketing Analytics – the marketing analytics team is focused on applying statistical analysis and predictive modeling to help our marketing teams acquire and retain more valuable customers.
- Research and Platforms- the RAP team builds and maintains all of our technical tools and platforms. They help investigate new analytics methodologies, use cases, and data sources, to institute new and best practices within the department.
We are language agnostic, but primarily use Python, R, SQL, SAS and Mathematica. That means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand. At Enova we have a company-wide culture that emphasizes data-driven analysis. That means you spend less time presenting and more time with the fun part, crunching data!
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.