How do you like to make an impact?
Think back to your last job. Were you able to run with projects from start to finish, to truly choose each next step? Enova managers empower you to make your own decisions and drive your work. That could mean anything from taking the lead on the development of a new mobile app, to determining the best way to help a customer break down their loan payments. When we talk to our team members, they tell us their managers trust them to get the job done. Where else will can your voice be heard Day One? We want you to make your mark. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
We’re a FinTech company, so it’s no surprise we have a lot of technology here and our IT Infrastructure Services Team manages the physical data center spaces for Enova so our tech can continue to run smoothly. A typical day for a Systems Engineer varies quite a bit, but to give you a snapshot; they might be auditing our physical server resources to ensure they meet company needs, or using various configuration management tools to manage our systems. They could be analyzing the root cause of an application issue or managing a software deployment.Since our company runs entirely online and customers are accessing their accounts 24x7, it’s important our servers are up and running 24x7 and you’d play a major part in that.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work in a team environment and build and support on premises infrastructure for complex web applications
- Help set the architectural direction and implement parts of system projects
- Implement server and server cluster best practices such as security, OS patching, networking, code deployment, and configuration management
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment or services to solve needs and perform the necessary stress testing of this equipment
- Maintain a private cloud in a fast paced environment
- Provide tier 2 support to Operations in a 24x7 on call environment
We get excited about you if you have:
- 3+ years of Unix / Linux systems administration in a production environment
- Experience with on-premises infrastructure management
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar)
- Proficiency with Bash, Perl, SH, Ruby and/or Python scripting
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware
- Cloud infrastructure experience
- Knowledge of web development technologies, tools and protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS
- Experience in a high availability, scalable environment with large data at multiple locations
- A strong understanding of networking including routing, VLANs, TCP/IP, tcpdump, load balancing and Netflow
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
About our Systems Engineering team:
Enova’s Systems Engineering team creates the tools and infrastructure that are used by the rest of our engineering and operations groups, and ensures that our systems are performing at their peak. We troubleshoot across the entire stack, meaning strong automation and operational skills are a must for our group. Reliability is always a priority and never an afterthought.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.
Our goal at Enova, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.