Hard working people need access to fast, trust-worthy credit and Enova uses advanced technology and analytics to provide that to them. With a focus on non-prime customers and small businesses, we’ve served over 5 millions customers through our six businesses in the US and abroad. We’re born and raised in Chicago and we pride ourselves on hiring smart, driven people who like solving challenging business problems. Our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work some place awesome.”
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. We have 1,500+ employees and your teammates are as passionate about their work as you are. Your manager and team will encourage you to think outside the box and will celebrate your wins with you along the way. We’re big on career growth and make sure you have the tools you need to succeed. On top of that, we also offer competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401k matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. Our Chicago headquarters even offers over 100 different kinds of snacks, a game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, and a variety of different social events.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will be responsible to design and architect solutions that ensure the reliability, efficiency and stability of the platforms and services that our company runs and owns, while establishing a culture of DevOps that help teams collaborate better and deliver reliable software faster. You will drive its rapid improvement and efficiency by identifying incident trends in production, evaluating processes, solving problems, and analyzing data. You will also be responsible for understanding how our systems and applications relate holistically in order to prevent, solve and manage open-ended problems (from tracking key performance indicators to investigate the root cause of a major incident). You will collaborate with IT, Software Engineering, and product teams to resolve operation issues, as well as lead projects and build creative solutions for our teams.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Build, implement and manage initiatives to optimize technology operations, focussing on problem solving, risk mitigation, and customer experience.
- Assist and advise Tech teams, including (but not limited to) investigations, training, process improvements, reporting/tracking, and production readiness reviews
- Collect data, perform trend analysis, identify potential high risk areas, prioritize and execute projects.
- Troubleshoot major incidents and propose solutions, balancing business needs vs. technical constraints, ensure quality, and drive results.
- Mentor junior team members.
What you should have:
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a technology role.
- Experience with object-oriented programming language (such as Ruby, Perl, Python, Java, or PHP), and PostgreSQL
- Expertise with monitoring/hosting/analysis of any web-transaction based environment and/or delivering financial services through the Internet. We mostly work with StatsD/Graphite, DataDog, Splunk, Cloudwatch, New Relic, Elastic APM
- Understanding/experience of web services, databases, networking protocols and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills. Ability to translate ambiguous problems into strong solutions.
- Demonstrates maturity, good judgment, negotiation, leadership and project management skills. Strong desire to never see the same class of problem twice because it’s either resolved or automated away.
Nice to have:
- Strong technical understanding of Amazon Web Services in terms of apis, security, and provisioning.
- Continuous improvement/Lean experience
- Knowledge of statistical methods/applications and general modeling.
About Site Reliability Engineering:
The Site Reliability Engineering team drives efficiencies at the technical and operational level by evaluating processes, solving problems, and analyzing data. They split their time between operations/on-call duties and developing systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance. They are always tackling new and challenging projects – from investigating the root cause of a major incident, to improving operational procedures for our sister teams, to tracking and analyzing key performance indicators. Team members must be highly creative and technical, with the ability to generate and implement new ideas and strategies.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.