How do you want to grow?
Think back to your last job. Did you trust your boss to have your back, to be looking out for you? Enova managers and leaders actively look to develop your skills, to give you more interesting projects, to help you get promoted. When we talk to our team members, they tell us that they really do believe in their managers and directors. Where else will you have monthly conversations about your career progress and how to get to your goal? We invest in our people so they can grow, whether it’s straight up the ladder or along their own unique path. This creates a culture where you can truly be seen. This is the core of Enova.
About the Role:
In this role, you will be responsible to design and architect solutions that ensure the reliability, efficiency, and stability of the platforms and services that our company runs and owns. All the while establishing a culture of DevOps that help teams collaborate better and deliver reliable software faster. You will drive its rapid improvement and efficiency by identifying incident trends in production, evaluating processes, solving problems, and analyzing data. You will also be responsible for understanding how our systems and applications relate holistically in order to prevent, solve and manage open-ended problems (from tracking key performance indicators to investigate the root cause of a major incident). You will collaborate with IT, Software Engineering, and product teams to resolve operation issues, as well as lead projects and build creative solutions for our teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build, implement and manage initiatives to optimize technology operations, focusing on problem solving, risk mitigation, and customer experience.
- Assist and advise Tech teams, including (but not limited to) investigations, training, process improvements, reporting/tracking, and production readiness reviews
- Collect data, perform trend analysis, identify potential high-risk areas, prioritize and execute projects.
- Troubleshoot major incidents and propose solutions, balancing business needs vs. technical constraints, ensure quality, and drive results.
- Mentor junior team members.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a technology role.
- Experience with object-oriented programming language (such as Ruby, Perl, Python, Java, or PHP), and PostgreSQL
- Expertise with monitoring/hosting/analysis of any web-transaction based environment and/or delivering financial services through the Internet. We mostly work with StatsD/Graphite, DataDog, Splunk, Cloudwatch, New Relic, Elastic APM
- Understanding/experience of web services, databases, networking protocols and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills. Ability to translate ambiguous problems into strong solutions.
- Demonstrates maturity, good judgment, negotiation, leadership and project management skills. Strong desire to never see the same class of problem twice because it’s either resolved or automated away.
About Site Reliability Engineering:
The Site Reliability Engineering team drives efficiencies at the technical and operational level by evaluating processes, solving problems, and analyzing data. They split their time between operations/on-call duties and developing systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance. They are always tackling new and challenging projects – from investigating the root cause of a major incident, to improving operational procedures for our sister teams, to tracking and analyzing key performance indicators. Team members must be highly creative and technical, with the ability to generate and implement new ideas and strategies.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.