Hard working people need access to fast, trust-worthy credit and Enova uses advanced technology and analytics to provide that to them. With a focus on non-prime customers and small businesses, we’ve served over 5 millions customers through our six businesses in the US and abroad. We’re born and raised in Chicago and we pride ourselves on hiring smart, driven people who like solving challenging business problems. Our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work some place awesome.”
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. We have 1,500+ employees and your teammates are as passionate about their work as you are. Your manager and team will encourage you to think outside the box and will celebrate your wins with you along the way. We’re big on career growth and make sure you have the tools you need to succeed. On top of that, we also offer competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401k matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. Our Chicago headquarters even offers over 100 different kinds of snacks, a game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, and a variety of different social events.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will serve as part of Enova’s technology leadership, working in an interdisciplinary manner with other departments to build and migrate applications, software, and services in the cloud. You will drive improvements in our cloud strategy and translate that strategy into executable deliverables that continues to innovate. Additionally, you will align significant technology initiatives with larger department and company goals, and drive them end-to-end across multiple architectural tiers.
This is a highly technical role and you will be broadly competent across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, operations, relational and non-relational storage, integration, observability, application development) and deep in at least 2-3 of those areas (ideally infrastructure, application development, and observability). This is a hands-on role, which will spend time working with many teams across the company including developers, infrastructure and operations engineers, technology leadership, and product managers.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Participate in building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform and ensure its success.
- Lead deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to various teams.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge amongst the Enova technology community.
- Execute at a high level in the diagnostic process and fault tolerance design at a portfolio level.
- Champion resilient design principles in the solutioning process.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between business, service engineering teams, and support.
What you should have:
- 7+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture.
- 7+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking.
- 5+ years experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS in complex enterprise environments.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, technology management, and developers.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent experience.
- You love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You are dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
- Passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of teams.
- Strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer.
- You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.