Staff Accountant Overview:
Enova is currently searching for a bright, high-energy Staff Accountant to join the team! Problem-solvers, self-directors and bold thinkers are required. You are expected to quickly learn the technologies, strategies, and analytical techniques that will enable you to drive the continued success of the Accounting Team.
- The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
- Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
- Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
What You'll Do Here:
- Responsible for the accounting functions related to your assigned P&L
- Perform month-end close tasks and prepare financial statement analysis.
- Support corporate accounting functions
- Prepare bank and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Review and analyze general ledger transactions and accounts, using technical judgment to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Update accounting processes and procedures while making best use of automation tools.
- Assist internal and external auditors in the timely resolution of audit requests and questions.
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization within the functional area.
- Perform other related duties or ad hoc projects within the scope of responsibilities
What We Need From You:
- BBA in Accounting or equivalent experience required
- 0-2 years professional accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley, IFRS a plus
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize complex business issues and prepare relevant analysis
- Know your way around Excel
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously and handle multiple demands from multiple people
- Strong operational focus and aim to improve processes and find value added solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all levels, from peer to CEO
- Ability to pitch in and work overtime when needed, during peak periods
Stuff We Like, But Don't Require:
- Experience with Workday Finance
- Financial services industry experience
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.