Enova is currently searching for a bright, energetic, and creative Underwriting Analyst to join our team; problem-solvers, self-directors and action-oriented thinkers are required. You will be expected to hit the ground running learning the technologies, strategies, and analytical techniques that will enable you to contribute to the continued success of the company. You’ll be expected to maintain standard operating procedures, quality assurance checks, performance metrics, and training programs. The role will be focusing on supporting Enova’s small business financing product, Headway Capital (www.headwaycapital.com).
- The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
- Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
- Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
What You'll Do Here:
- Underwrite small business new loan applications and account reviews by combining your commercial lending experience and Enova’s sophisticated technology and analytics solutions.
- Evaluate credit worthiness by preparing underwriting documentation and present approvals to the underwriting committee
- Maintain key performance indicators to meet the effectiveness and quality of the team and processes
- Ensure adherence to all applicable lending policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance
- Comply with policies and procedures to ensure underwriting functions are performed in a timely, efficient, and professional manner
What We Need From You:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, business or related field.
- 1-3 years’ in commercial loan underwriting and processing, preferably for a regional or community bank or a credit union.
- Knowledge of ratio analysis, trend and cash flow analysis, ability to determine viability of borrower projections
- Thorough understanding of commercial underwriting process to include documentation, risk management, and compliance.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High energy, team player, creative thinker, and strategic influencer.
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams.
- Experience with product launch or new initiatives highly preferred.
Stuff We Like, But Don't Require:
- Exposure to running SQL database queries preferred
- Worked in the Financial Services or Tech Industry
Underwriting Team Overview:
Be a key member of Enova’s new business initiatives, expanding our unique approach to using technology and analytics for online lending into the small business-financing sector. Our Underwriting team brings hands on commercial loan underwriting experience to Enova’s web based financial lending products. Their goals are simple and focused: Develop new and market leading approaches, maintain key performance indicators, and ensure adherence to all applicable lending policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.