Hard working people need access to fast, trust-worthy credit and Enova uses advanced technology and analytics to provide that to them. With a focus on non-prime customers and small businesses, we’ve served over 5 millions customers through our six businesses in the US and abroad. We’re born and raised in Chicago and we pride ourselves on hiring smart, driven people who like solving challenging business problems. Our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work some place awesome.”
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. We have 1,500+ employees and your teammates are as passionate about their work as you are. Your manager and team will encourage you to think outside the box and will celebrate your wins with you along the way. We’re big on career growth and make sure you have the tools you need to succeed. On top of that, we also offer competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401k matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. Our Chicago headquarters even offers over 100 different kinds of snacks, a game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, and a variety of different social events.
7am to 3pm M-F
9am to 5pm M-F
In this role, you will help the team transition from an operational heavy focus to a blend of ops, proactive investigation, and defining best practices as we participate in defining the company’s shift to a true DevOps culture.
Our future state will present opportunities to directly advise and address on operational issues for our most important product lines, and you’ll have the ability to set guidelines and best practices with wide ranging impact to operational stability and performance.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Troubleshoot issues and discrepancies with the appropriate individuals, teams, or vendors
- Handle operational requests on a day to day basis
- Monitor the availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of all services
- Assist with major incidents from identification and troubleshooting through to service restoration
- Participate in the team’s periodic on-call rotation
- Champion best practices and create frameworks to drive stable and scalable products
- Continued curiosity regarding new technologies and evolving best practices
- Work closely with SE and Product teams to advise on sound operational strategies
What you should have:
- Experience with devops as a culture
- Working knowledge of Ruby, Python, Java, or Go
- Ability to write accurate and efficient SQL queries
- Experience troubleshooting ambiguous problems and performing root cause analysis
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure (Linux, network technologies, relational databases, web technologies, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Previous e-commerce experience
- Experience with monitoring and metrics software for RCAs and performance trending, such as (but not limited to) Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, and Grafana
- An understanding of virtualization platforms like OpenStack, Amazon AWS, VMWare and Xen
About Site Reliability Engineering:
The SRE team prides itself on the breadth and depth of knowledge it maintains in understanding and orchestrating crucial operational activities across the portfolio of businesses within Enova. We work closely with key departments to resolve customer facing issues, assist with root-cause analysis, and continuously look for ways to improve overall system performance while supporting our Call Center with technical product issues.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.