What you’ll be doing:
As a Manager of Software Engineering you’ll lead a full stack engineering team, managing engineers with a wide variety of specialties in the areas of UI, Test and Software Engineering. You’ll serve as a coach, help with the career path for your reports, and manage delivery of your team’s projects. You’ll help align the engineering practices of your team to the rest of the organization and throughout the company.
Enova hires, develops and retains top talent, so you’ll mentor your engineers while seeing the benefits of a progressive career path yourself. As a leader, we expect you to facilitate your team’s growth. In return, we will set you up for success by helping you develop your professional skills and strategically assigning your team projects based on your skills.
- The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
- Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
- Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
What you should have:
- You have at least 5+ years of software engineering leadership experience with direct reports
- You have proven experience coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of engineers
- You have excellent project management skills; ability to estimate scope, break up problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change
- You get that software engineering is a service organization, delivering both cutting edge innovations as well as basic features and you’re passionate about there being value in both.
- You understand that software development is a partnership with your stakeholders, requiring caring and empathy to manage the relationship.
- You have a foundation of experience in the design and development of highly scalable and robust web applications, including experience with DBs, APIs, front & back ends and services.
- You have previously worked extensively in object-oriented Ruby, .NET, Python, Java, PHP or .NET.
- You have your Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
About our Software Engineering Team:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. We code in RoR, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Ember and other JS frameworks for front-end development. The teams are responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Check out our blogs to find out what life at Enova is like!