Hard working people need access to fast, trust-worthy credit and Enova uses advanced technology and analytics to provide that to them. With a focus on non-prime customers and small businesses, we’ve served over 5 millions customers through our six businesses in the US and abroad. We’re born and raised in Chicago and we pride ourselves on hiring smart, driven people who like solving challenging business problems. Our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work some place awesome.”
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. We have 1,500+ employees and your teammates are as passionate about their work as you are. Your manager and team will encourage you to think outside the box and will celebrate your wins with you along the way. We’re big on career growth and make sure you have the tools you need to succeed. On top of that, we also offer competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401k matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. Our Chicago headquarters even offers over 100 different kinds of snacks, a game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, and a variety of different social events.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Manager of Software Engineering you’ll lead a full stack engineering team, managing engineers with a wide variety of specialties in the areas of UI, Test and Software Engineering. You’ll serve as a coach, help with the career path for your reports, and manage delivery of your team’s projects. You’ll help align the engineering practices of your team to the rest of the organization and throughout the company.
Enova hires, develops and retains top talent, so you’ll mentor your engineers while seeing the benefits of a progressive career path yourself. As a leader, we expect you to facilitate your team’s growth. In return, we will set you up for success by helping you develop your professional skills and strategically assigning your team projects based on your skills.
What you should have:
- You have at least 5+ years of software engineering leadership experience with direct reports
- You have proven experience coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of engineers
- You have excellent project management skills; ability to estimate scope, break up problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change
- You get that software engineering is a service organization, delivering both cutting edge innovations as well as basic features and you’re passionate about there being value in both.
- You understand that software development is a partnership with your stakeholders, requiring caring and empathy to manage the relationship.
- You have a foundation of experience in the design and development of highly scalable and robust web applications, including experience with DBs, APIs, front & back ends and services.
- You have previously worked extensively in object-oriented Ruby, .NET, Python, Java, PHP or .NET.
- You have your Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
About Software Engineering:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. Each team is responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development. We code in Ruby and Go, and use Vue.js and other JS frameworks for front-end development. However, we welcome engineers from different technical backgrounds and have a training program to get you up to speed on our tech stack. Baseline is our self-paced training program, which provides a suite of exercises for all new engineering hires to work through during their first few weeks, ensuring they have the knowledge needed to be successful in their role.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Check out our innovation blog to learn more about our Tech team.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.