Enjoy is the next generation of retail. We pride ourselves on delivering a new kind of buying experience where our friendly Experts bring the best of the store directly to the door, along with personalized solutions, so you get the most out of your tech. We offer same-day delivery, setup and help for today’s premiere mobile devices; pairing the convenience you’d get from shopping online with the confidence you’d get from a store, all in the comfort of your own home.
Enjoy is a fast-growing startup, currently operating in 50+ US locations and the U.K., with more expansion on the horizon. We’re a mission-driven organization focused on bringing joy to people’s lives while creating great jobs for a digital world. This requires a spirit of winning together and a strong growth mindset. We value people who choose kindness and are obsessed with delivering amazing experiences.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail, along with an executive team from leading retail, technology, and design organizations, including: Apple, Facebook, Starbucks, Tesla, and Amazon.
About our Engineering Culture
- The best ideas win - no matter who or where they may come from.
- Problems not solutions - engineers focus on solving problems, not building solutions handed to them. No one wants to be a code-monkey.
- Move fast and iterate - we strive for continuous deployment enabled by healthy testing, monitoring, and feature flagging. Quick progress is better than waiting for perfect because you don't know what perfect is.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - we're all passionate but open-minded, both are essential to building a successful and talented team.
- Shipping is just the beginning - Are customers using the feature? Do we see a lift in metrics? Was our hypothesis right? It's not just about writing code or deploying features, it's about making an impact
- Lead and mentor in a team-oriented, exciting, challenging, and rewarding environment
- Architect and scale applications as a technical leader driving code maintainability, elegance, and readability
- Drive requirements to deliver the right product and features
- Cultivate and champion the product, user experience, scalable architecture, and results-oriented metrics and iterations
- Experiment and challenge the business with new ways to approach problems
- Collaborate closely with other experienced and industry-changing leaders and partners
- 3+ years of experience developing in Ruby
- Proven experience in designing and building web applications to scale
- Enjoy whiteboarding data models, user interfaces, and workflows with others
- Value writing tests (test-first even), pairing, and making an impact
- Comfortable leading teams and architecture design
- Excellent communication skills both with an engineering audience as well as business and partner audiences
- Thrive in a self-managing, face-paced, bottom’s-up culture
- Able to execute on day-to-day and still think and contribute strategically towards longer term business and system visions
- Loves to get ship done
Nice to have
- React and a flux framework of your choice (although redux is obviously the best)
- eCommerce, logistics, or SAAS industry experience
- Lean startup methodology, Agile sprints, A/B testing
- Redis, sidekiq, postgres or similar technologies
This job description is not intended as a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications necessary for the position described herein. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position are subject to change without notice.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks and drug screens prior to start date. Enjoy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances.
As an equal opportunity employer, Enjoy is proud to maintain a workplace characterized by mutual respect, inclusivity, and the celebration of diversity. All qualified applicants are welcome and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability, veteran status, or other applicable protected characteristic under local, state, or federal law.