Enjoy is pioneering the next generation of Retail - Mobile Stores - by bringing the best of the store to the customer, in as fast as 3 hours.Enjoy partners with premium brands to hand-deliver experiences to customers through an integrated platform, local logistics model and highly-trained Experts that help each customer get the most out of their new product, right from the start.
Enjoy was founded in 2014 by Ron Johnson (CEO), former head of Apple Retail. We’re led by a team of retail, technology and design executives from companies like Apple, Facebook, Tesla and Amazon, to name a few. Enjoy is in currently operating in over 50 US markets and London.
Here’s a little video we made to explain: What does it mean to Enjoy?
About the People Team.
Enjoy is about bringing amazing experiences through high quality joyful moments, and this starts with our people hiring. Our people are our product, so you have a tall order to protect and enhance our culture, whilst attracting the best and diverse talent. We are a highly passionate and performance focused people team, restless to deliver our ambitious goals.
- We believe that Kindness, above all else, is key to unlocking the magic of Enjoy.
- We have very ambitious growth plans and you are critical to this mission.
- We are ambitious, driven by great ideas and the pursuit of audacious goals
- We operate with a joyful growth mindset and hunt for new approaches to achieve better results.
- We are Experience Obsessed and relentless in our efforts to create a 5-star experience for our customers, partners and employees
- We operate as a team while providing freedom, trust and transparency
- We focus on continually raising the bar and Winning Together.
About the role.
As our Enjoy People Success Lead, you'll advocate for our culture, our people and our business. You’ll play a key role in building and executing our people strategy, and partner closely with our Field and HQ Leadership and Teams.
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of People Success programs, benefits and services
- Partner with peers to conduct workplace investigations and resolve conflict
- Develop reporting, talent forecasts and effective presentations
- Identify risk of non-compliance with internal policy and UK employment regulations
- Seek opportunities to eliminate manual work, continuously improve and reduce cost
- Work cross-functionally to develop effective and efficient policies and procedures
- Collaborate with peers across People Team to deliver quality programs and services for employees
- Volunteer actively to support the broader team
- Ensure all new employees receive a distinctive and differentiated welcome
- Manage onboarding, offboarding and handoffs transactions including benefits administration, leaver process etc.
- Seek improvements that drive employee experience, engagement and retention
- Act as a resource to employees in need
- Provide insight that influences organizational change
- Solicit feedback and listen to concerns; take initiative to resolve problems
- Consult cross functional partners to ensure quality decisions and mitigate risk
- You can be counted on to see tasks through to completion.
- You believe in and promote the values of the company you choose to work for, and embody its values in words and actions.
- You stay informed with current industry trends and practices, and you keep things relevant. You know what the resources are, and you use them well.
- You make decisions that improve the lives of others, even if it means more work on the back end. Not simply a pleaser�, you have the vision to see when a short-term challenge can yield a long-term gain.
- Experience as an HR Generalist or specialist
- Experience consulting with internal clients to identify business needs and recommend solutions
- Experience using HR systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent successful work
- CIPD certification (desirable)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time