Enjoy is the next generation of the retail store. We pride ourselves on delivering a new kind of buying experience and our friendly Customer Service Experts bring the best of the store directly to you. We offer same-day delivery for today’s premiere mobile devices with additional help and setup. Best of all... it’s free!
We are rapidly growing every year, reaching a total of 50 locations in 2018, with more expansion on the horizon. Needless to say, it's an ambitious undertaking that requires a spirit of winning together and a strong growth mindset. We value people who choose kindness and are obsessed with delivering amazing experiences. We are helping today’s premier companies navigate the shift from brick and mortar to online commerce that delivers a first-rate experience to the experience obsessed. Enjoy delivers speed, kindness, and an outstanding value.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail. Alongside is an executive team from leading retail, technology, and design organizations, such as Apple, Facebook, and Amazon.
About our Engineering Culture.
- The best ideas win - no matter who or where they may come from.
- Problems not solutions - engineers focus on solving problems, not building solutions handed to them. No one wants to be a code-monkey.
- Move fast and iterate - we strive for continuous deployment enabled by healthy testing, monitoring, and feature flagging. Quick progress is better than waiting for perfect because you don't know what perfect is.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - we're all passionate but open-minded, both are essential to building a successful and talented team.
- Shipping is just the beginning - Are customers using the feature? Do we see a lift in metrics? Was our hypothesis right? It's not just about writing code or deploying features, it's about making an impact
What You'll Be Doing.
- Lead and mentor in a team-oriented, exciting, challenging, and rewarding environment
- Architect and scale applications as a technical leader driving code maintainability, elegance, and readability
- Drive requirements to deliver the right product and features
- Cultivate and champion the product, user experience, scalable architecture, and results-oriented metrics and iterations
- Experiment and challenge the business with new ways to approach problems
- Collaborate closely with other experienced and industry-changing leaders and partners
- 3+ years of experience developing in Ruby
- Proven experience in designing and building web applications to scale
- Enjoy whiteboarding data models, user interfaces, and workflows with others
- Value writing tests (test-first even), pairing, and making an impact
- Comfortable leading teams and architecture design
- Excellent communication skills both with an engineering audience as well as business and partner audiences
- Thrive in a self-managing, face-paced, bottom’s-up culture
- Able to execute on day-to-day and still think and contribute strategically towards longer term business and system visions
- Loves to get ship done
Hopefully, you have experience with the following (if not, don't worry you'll pick it up quickly)
- React and a flux framework of your choice (although redux is obviously the best)
- eCommerce, logistics, or SAAS industry experience
- Lean startup methodology, Agile sprints, A/B testing
- Redis, sidekiq, postgres or similar technologies
- Catered lunch three times a week and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible schedule and weekly WFH days
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- Dog friendly office
- Your pick of machine (macbooks pros are our standard), but we’re happy to get you need to get your job done
- Cutting Edge continuous deployment and staging infrastructure that makes development fun again
This job description is not intended as a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications necessary for the position described herein. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position are subject to change without notice.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks and drug screens prior to start date. Enjoy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances.
As an equal opportunity employer, Enjoy is proud to maintain a workplace characterized by mutual respect, inclusivity, and the celebration of diversity. All qualified applicants are welcome and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability, veteran status, or other applicable protected characteristic under local, state, or federal law.