Enjoy is pioneering the next generation of Retail - Mobile Stores - by bringing the best of the store to the customer, in as fast as 3 hours.
Enjoy partners with premium brands to hand-deliver experiences to customers through an integrated platform, local logistics model and highly-trained Experts that help each customer get the most out of their new product, right from the start. Enjoy was founded in 2014 by Ron Johnson (CEO), former head of Apple Retail. We’re led by a team of retail, technology and design executives from companies like Apple, Facebook, Tesla and Amazon, to name a few. Enjoy is in currently operating in over 50 US markets and London. Now we’re excited to announce that in 2019 we are expanding across the UK.
Here’s a little video we made to explain: What does it mean to Enjoy?
About The Team
We are a highly engaged, passionate and performance-based team, committed to delivering on our ambitious goals. We are building a great company and a great place to work where we live our values everyday.
- We believe that Kindness, above all else, is key to unlocking the magic of Enjoy
- We have a Growth Mindset and hunt for new approaches to achieve better results
- We focus on continually raising the bar and Winning Together
We are Experience Obsessed and relentless in our efforts to create a 5-star experience for our customers, partners and employees
About The Role
Enjoy is looking for an Accounting and Finance Manager (based in London) with a passion and track-record of driving operational excellence throughout the business. You have also been effective in high-growth environments by demonstrating great communication and cross-functional collaboration skills, and excitement around changes and growth.
You are constantly on the hunt for learning opportunities, and never feel as though you’ve learned everything there is to know about something.You can be counted on to see tasks through to completion.
Build and support scalable finance systems and processes to support global growth. This includes GL, payroll, procure to pay, order to cash, supply chain management, logistics, inventory and expense reporting.
- Responsible for the UK subsidiary financial closing activities: journal entries, reconciliations, financial statements preparation. Ensure financial statements are consistent with both UK and U.S. GAAP.
- Reviews monthly financial statements, trend analysis, and key metrics to ensure completeness and accuracy of results
- Management of all UK activities, including oversight of external advisers.
- Partner with FP&A and UK management to support UK budgeting and variance analysis.
- Provide technical accounting guidance on significant accounting transactions. Stay up-to-date on technical guidance relevant to technology, real estate and retail industry.
- Support ad-hoc requests for tax, facilities, corporate insurance, HR etc.
- 5+ years of applicable experience, minimum 3 years in public accounting.
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or international equivalent).
- Capable of managing multiple projects effectively with limited resources.
- Ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment.
- Comfortable presenting financial policy in front of 20+ people.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate Company’s financial results, accounting policies, and procedures in layman’s terms; comfortable interacting with various levels of organization: field operations, project teams, and department managers.
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves to help support finance and the business in a variety of ways.