Enjoy is the next generation of the retail store. We pride ourselves on delivering a new kind of buying experience and our friendly Customer Experience Experts bring the best of the store directly to you. We offer same-day delivery for today’s premiere mobile devices with additional help and setup. Best of all... it’s free!
Each year we grow, reaching a total of 50 locations in 2018, with more expansion on the horizon. Needless to say, it's an ambitious undertaking which requires a spirit of winning together and a strong growth mindset. We value people who choose kindness and are obsessed with delivering amazing experiences. We are helping today’s premier companies navigate the shift from brick and mortar to online commerce that delivers a first-rate experience to the experience obsessed. Enjoy delivers speed, kindness, and an outstanding value.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail. Alongside is an executive team from leading retail, technology, and design organizations such as Apple, Facebook, and Amazon.
About the role.
At Enjoy, we are a people-first company and the primary responsibility of the Head of Trust and Safety will be to ensure the safety of our employees and security of our facilities, assets and brand reputation while managing our powerhouse Trust and Safety team. The Head of Trust and Safety will be responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day operations of the Trust and Safety team while addressing and working through strategic trust and safety initiatives with other senior leaders at Enjoy.
They will be responsible for managing safety incidents and/or concerns raised by the Field or Headquarter employees as well as Duty of Care - Incident Notification & Response, Emergency Preparedness & Fire-Life Safety, training and awareness, investigations and resolving escalated customer issues. The individual in this role must have strong relationship building skills as well as the ability to work in a team or individual environment.
The Head of Trust and Safety must be able to interact positively with both Field and Headquarter
stakeholders, including the leadership team, and demonstrate ownership of tactical and strategic
deliverables. They will need to have the ability to build and maintain rapport, understand and adapt to the nuances of different situations and needs as well as adapt rapidly to dynamic business requirements is critical. The Head of Trust and Safety will be focused on operational excellence by working cross functionally to identify, create and continually enhance processes and communication with the main objective of enhancing Field safety, and ultimately contributing the success of the organization.
This person is a beacon for trust and safety for Enjoy and will be the voice of the Field and Headquarters to identify potential issues, mediate, and help mitigate situations in order to promote and maintain the exceptional quality of the Enjoy experience.
- Manage and support a strong global Trust and Safety team.
- Develop and execute Enjoy’s vision and strategy for our Trust and Safety program.
- Oversee the review and response to safety incidents and other related issues as well as take appropriate measures in a timely manner to ensure the affected person is supported and provide guidance accordingly.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to manage customer escalations and quickly determine recommendation or resolution.
- Create the strategic vision for and support facilitating Safety & Security Workshops and create awareness training tools & resources for Field and Headquarter employees.
- Assist in developing and improving our Business Continuity Plan & Management, which includes Duty of Care, Incident Notification & Response and Emergency Response Team.
- Conduct thorough well-documented and written investigations, including interfacing with the Leadership team, People team, Legal and appropriate functional management when dealing with investigative matters.
- Support the development of an effective Safety & Security program designed to mitigate identified risk and maintain continuity of operations.
- Serve as Subject-Matter-Expert for safety and security issues by asking questions, listening, providing guidance, direction and assistance to Field and Headquarter teams in the development, planning and implementation of Safety & Security plans, programs, procedures and technology.
- Foster and cultivate interpersonal relationships with Field and Headquarter employees to
understand identify process gaps and areas of improvement.
- Travel may be needed up to 20% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree or military/police experience.
- At least 8-years of related operations and management experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to formulate and articulate security strategies and solutions to all levels of management and in a context that aligns with the general business culture.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to think strategically and deliver programs and services in an operationally pragmatic manner. Must also possess strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Government or Law Enforcement background helpful but not required. Private sector experience a significant plus, especially in the high tech industry or retail.
This job description is not intended as a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications necessary for the position described herein. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position are subject to change without notice.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks and drug screens prior to start date. Enjoy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances.
As an equal opportunity employer, Enjoy is proud to maintain a workplace characterized by mutual respect, inclusivity, and the celebration of diversity. All qualified applicants are welcome and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability, veteran status, or other applicable protected characteristic under local, state, or federal law.