Enjoy is the next generation of the retail store. We pride ourselves on delivering a new kind of buying experience and our friendly Customer Experience Experts bring the best of the store directly to you. We offer same-day delivery for today’s premiere mobile devices with additional help and setup. Best of all... it’s free!
Each year we grow, reaching a total of 50 locations in 2018, with more expansion on the horizon. Needless to say, it’s an ambitious undertaking which requires a spirit of winning together and a strong growth mindset. We value people who choose kindness and are obsessed with delivering amazing experiences. We are helping today’s premier companies navigate the shift from brick and mortar to online commerce that delivers a first-rate experience to the experience obsessed. Enjoy delivers speed, kindness, and an outstanding value.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail. Alongside is an executive team from leading retail, technology, and design organizations such as Apple, Facebook, and Amazon.
About our Legal and Risk Management Team.
Enjoy’s Legal and Risk Management team is seeking a Head of Compliance to build out a new compliance function at Enjoy. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a proven track record of performance to have the opportunity to design a compliance program for Enjoy from the ground up. The compliance program will primarily support Enjoy’s legal and finance teams on many areas including privacy, partner, and jurisdictional compliance. The Head of Compliance will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive compliance strategy: ensure that an effective program is in place to address Enjoy’s compliance risks and responsibilities. Primary subject areas include: privacy, partner, jurisdictional, employment, insurance, internal and external reporting, and tax reporting.
- Conduct audits, establish and manage tracking and monitoring compliance goals, and tooling, and follow up with various teams to ensure compliance deadlines are met.
- Lead core documentation on compliance efforts, and ensure proper record-keeping
associated with each program.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify and rank current risks, and recommend strategy to mitigate gaps throughout the organization and/or take corrective actions to implement solutions to improve controls/operations.
- Establish ongoing effective processes, controls and self-testing to understand,
enhance, and manage Enjoy’s compliance.
- Guide management in the development/review of applicable policies, procedures and
business practices related to compliance.
- Develop and conduct trainings to educate company on compliance-related issues.
- Clearly and timely communicate findings, determinations and recommendations to management and stakeholders, both at periodic intervals and as needed regarding escalated or high risk compliance issues, in order to accomplish compliance goals.
- Interact regularly with internal and external teams to incorporate and implement them in connection with Enjoy’s products and operations.
- 7+ years prior experience in legal, compliance and/or risk management functions with particular experience operationalizing compliance frameworks at scale
- Program or project management training or experience; solid understanding of compliance and project management practices and tools
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with strong ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate them to stakeholders
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, manage and prioritize projects with deadlines, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
- A consensus builder with great people skills, who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with multiple functions and collaborators throughout the organization to get needed information and solve complex problems
- A strong connection to the Enjoy core values of Growth Mindset, Winning Together, Kindness and Experience Obsessed
- B.S. Degree (preferred JD or MBA)
This job description is not intended as a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications necessary for the position described herein. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position are subject to change without notice.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks and drug screens prior to start date. Enjoy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances.
As an equal opportunity employer, Enjoy is proud to maintain a workplace characterized by mutual respect, inclusivity, and the celebration of diversity. All qualified applicants are welcome and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability, veteran status, or other applicable protected characteristic under local, state, or federal law.