Senior Software Engineer
Enjoy is the next generation of the retail store. We pride ourselves on delivering a new kind of buying experience and our friendly Customer Experience Experts bring the best of the store directly to you. We offer same-day delivery for today’s premiere mobile devices with additional help and setup. Best of all...it’s free!
Each year we grow, reaching a total of 50 locations in 2018, with more expansion on the horizon. Needless to say, it’s an ambitious undertaking which requires a spirit of winning together and a strong growth mindset. We value people who choose kindness and are obsessed with delivering amazing experiences. We are helping today’s premier companies navigate the shift from brick and mortar to online commerce that delivers a first-rate experience to the experience obsessed. Enjoy delivers speed, kindness, and an outstanding value.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail. Alongside is an executive team from leading retail, technology, and design organizations such as Apple, Facebook, and Amazon.
About our Engineering culture.
- The best ideas win - no matter who or where they may come from.
- Problems not solutions - engineers focus on solving problems, not building solutions handed to them. No one wants to be a code-monkey.
- Move fast and iterate - we strive for continuous deployment enabled by healthy testing, monitoring, and feature flagging. Quick progress is better than waiting for perfect because you don't know what perfect is.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - we're all passionate but open-minded, both are essential to building a successful and talented team.
- Shipping is just the beginning - Are customers using the feature? Do we see a lift in metrics? Was our hypothesis right? It's not just about writing code or deploying features, it's about making an impact.
What You'll Be Doing.
As a core member of product engineering you will...
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, iOS engineers in a team-oriented, exciting, challenging, and rewarding environment
- Design and develop applications with consumer and business targeted audiences
- Drive requirements to deliver the right product and features
- Cultivate and champion the product, user experience, and scalable architecture
- Experiment and challenge the business with new ways to approach problems
- Experience in designing and building web applications professionally, to scale for 4+ years in one or more of the following: C++, C#, Java and/or Python
- Enjoy white-boarding technical architecture and drive technical decisions
- Write code which is easily maintainable and testable
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures and algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Thrive in a self-managing, face-paced, bottom’s-up culture
- Love to get features done quickly and iterate on it based on data and feedback
Rewards at Enjoy.
- Catered lunch three times a week and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible schedule and weekly Work From Home days
- Competitive benefit package that includes.....
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO program
- Commuter benefits
- Continuous deployment and staging infrastructure that makes development fun again
This job description is not intended as a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications necessary for the position described herein. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position are subject to change without notice.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks and drug screens prior to start date. Enjoy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances.
As an equal opportunity employer, Enjoy is proud to maintain a workplace characterized by mutual respect, inclusivity, and the celebration of diversity. All qualified applicants are welcome and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability, veteran status, or other applicable protected characteristic under local, state, or federal law.