We believe that the future of the small business economy runs on data. At Enigma, we’re building a one-stop shop for data on SMBs- the single, most reliable source of data about businesses to unlock new access to capital.
By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. That's why financial leaders like Truist, American Express, and PayPal are using Enigma’s data to better serve their small business customers.
As a Product Lead, you will act as a general manager of a customer segment(s). You will own Enigma’s strategy, product roadmap, and operations for winning the segment(s), and will have frequent and direct access to the company’s executive leadership.
You will become the expert on the market you are owning, and educate others within the company based on that expertise. You will also research and build business cases for expanding into new adjacent use cases and market segments.
You will launch prototypes and “lean start-up” methodologies to define a bold product vision. You will work backwards from there to define ambitious roadmaps that delight and present holistic solutions to customers. You will help orchestrate roadmaps among other PMs, sequencing initiatives that maximize “bang for buck”.
You will work closely with GTM teams to message, package, and sell Enigma’s data product for your segment(s). You will determine pricing strategies and GTM motions that fit with customer workflows and buying processes.
This is a unique opportunity targeted at ambitious individuals seeking experiences at the intersection of product and general management. It’s a perfect role for those who have previously or may want to start a successful company on their own.
We are looking for someone who:
- Craves ownership and accountability; will act like the CEO of a business line and a market segment
- Is deeply empathetic with users and customers, understanding their problems, pain points, workflows, and current solutions
- Is energized by quickly acquiring expertise in new markets; is hungry to learn about the ways in which the market for SMB data is evolving and untapped needs
- Is passionate about data and the ways in which it can unlock transformative value in businesses - and able to sell this value to senior leaders internally and externally
- Brings strong business and sales acumen, with the ability to run a proof-of-concept or evaluation on their own
What makes this job interesting:
- Ownership and leadership: you will have the opportunity to grow and lead a product and business line end-to-end
- Market needs and trajectory: you will have the opportunity to work with exclusive and proprietary data, such as debit and credit transactions representing 40% of all U.S. transactions, to drive transformative value in the rapidly evolving SMB space
- Creativity: you will find creative and scrappy solutions and practice “lean startup” methodologies to test concepts and iterate on solutions for an existing slate of customers.
- Network: you will build a strong network of fintech leaders.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years consulting, product management, solutions engineering, or general management experience
- Strong product management experience preferred
- A business-oriented mindset, with the ability to see untapped needs in a market and understand its potential for market segments, industries, and use cases
- Strong data and analytical literacy; understands the nuances of how data is consumed, distributed, and integrated in enterprise applications
Bonus points if you have:
- Sales experience
- Python and SQL programming expertise
- Experience in a top consulting firm
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values – generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive –guide everything we do, from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $175,000-$210,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together.