Enigma is a data-as-a-service company that functions similarly to a credit reporting agency for small and medium businesses (SMBs). We provide the freshest, most reliable and actionable data on the identity, activity and health of nearly every small business in the country. Our customers - financial services and insurance companies who offer financial products to small businesses - use our unique product to make better credit-related and prospecting-related decisions.
Enigma’s data set is powered by next wave data science and proprietary machine learning. We incorporate thousands of online and offline sources into their product, several sources for which we have exclusive access. Underlying all of this is world-class data infrastructure, developer-friendly APIs, and intelligent tools so our customers can easily access and seamlessly integrate the data they need.
Founded in 2011, Enigma has raised over $130M of capital from major venture capital firms such as NEA, Comcast Ventures, American Express Ventures, and Third Point, as well as global financial companies such as BB&T, Two Sigma, and Capital One. Enigma is on track to 5x revenue by EOY 2021 with a new SMB data product targeting a massive TAM, and ready to aggressively scale their GTM organization with a new VP of Sales leading this next phase of growth.
The VP of Sales will build on Enigma’s current success to drive growth to $50M+ ARR, develop sales strategy, and scale the sales team to 2-3x its current size. Enigma is the only business data provider that has a real-time view into the revenues of businesses and how they are trending over time - this sales leader will build upon a strong product and foundation of current enterprise customers to target high level opportunities in financial services.
The VP of Sales will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of all sales initiatives to meet revenue goals with Enigma’s SMB data product. Specifically, the VP will:
- Report to the C suite and collaborate cross functionally with Marketing, Product, and Customer Success to develop and implement a sales and go-to-market strategy.
- Assess and improve upon current sales processes, methodologies, infrastructure, and metrics to optimize performance of the sales organization. Create and execute a long-term sales plan, including strategies, goals, quotas, tracking mechanisms and analytics.
- Be a hands-on leader for the current team and drive hiring within the sales function. Build strong training and onboarding, performance assessment, coaching and feedback, team succession planning, and ongoing training programs.
- Convert all enterprise financial services companies that pilot the product into long term customers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings proven success in meeting and exceeding revenue objectives within enterprise sales
- Has prior experience in a high growth SaaS business experiencing revenue scale going to $50M+
- Demonstrates a track record of hiring, developing, motivating and mentoring sales teams to meet ambitious goals
- Has a data driven, analytical and results-oriented mentality with a deep understanding of value drivers in the data-as-a-service model
- Shows demonstrated success in building strong sales engines, improving/maturing sales operations, and utilizing predictable, repeatable sales roadmaps. Ability to effectively translate targets into specific, measurable actions for managers and individuals
- Shows the ability to operate in a hyper-growth environment and understand both the complexity and challenges of navigating revenue generating functions through this phase of growth
- Is experienced and credible in building valuable relationships with senior leaders and decision-makers in enterprise businesses, specifically financial services or fintech customers
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A high-energy entrepreneurial approach with a strong drive to innovate
- A team first mentality with a focus on building a deeply collaborative and supportive environment
- An analytical, data-driven, systematic problem solving mindset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively explain a highly technical product
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.