This is a critical and exciting time at Enigma. We are hearing from repeated customers that our product is creating tremendous value for them and is aligned perfectly with their needs. This creates a need to expand our API and data delivery capabilities.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to head our API and Data Delivery team. You will play a central role in architecting, building and managing the systems that our customers use to engage with our product.
As the Engineering Manager for our API and Data Delivery team, you will lead a team of Software Engineers building a product that allows customers to scalably integrate our rich insights into their processes. Your impact will be measured by the capabilities you deliver to our API and the technical quality of the systems that your team designs and builds.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Inspires their teammates to perform at their best while building a collaborative, supportive team culture
- Effectively manages responsibilities for architecture and design decisions, hands-on implementation, team organization and technical mentorship.
- Engineers best-in-class model-driven search infrastructure at scale (we use Elastic)
- Solves problems with containers, cloud infrastructure and infrastructure as code (we use Docker, AWS and Terraform)
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested code (we use Python)
What makes this job interesting?
- Leadership: high-degree of autonomy in guiding and growing all aspects of a team of software engineers
- Multiple Hats: you will have broad responsibilities and will need to prioritize your focus among system architecture, software development, team organization and mentorship
- Technical Challenge: your team will build scalable customer-facing systems with low costs of ownership for a rapidly evolving product
- Impact: your leadership, technical ability and decision making will have a direct impact on our customers and the success of our product
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 8+ years of software engineering experience with 2+ years leading engineering teams
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-functional partners (product managers, data scientists, other engineers) to set clear expectations and solve common problems.
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Bonus points if you:
- Have an outstanding track record of leading engineering teams
- Have extensive experience engineering SaaS data products
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.