As a Data Scientist on the Attributes team, your mission is to work with your teammates to solve our hardest data science challenges, including:
- Predicting business behavior from dozens of data sources and validating them against ground truth
- Exploring new data sets and extracting the signal that powers our products
- Helping to build the data science culture and infrastructure to rapidly move from hypothesis to impact
At the core of Enigma’s product is our data which makes data science the beating heart of Enigma’s product. You will build the most reliable and comprehensive dataset about businesses in the US. In that pursuit, you will design and execute experiments to extract signals from hundreds of data sources, design and develop tooling to make the team more effective, and closely collaborate with product managers and engineers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Finds innovative solutions to problems in statistics, experiment design and distributed machine learning (we use Python libraries and Spark extensively)
- Sets high personal standards for research design that increase iteration speed and ensure reproducibility of results
- Approaches data as an artefact of the real-world and develop repeatable strategies for validating results against ground truth
- Develops techniques to detect and explore anomalies in our data, uncover the source and address in a way that improves our product
- Thrives in high-performing, collaborative teams with short, high-impact research cycles
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical challenge: Enigma is solving some of the hardest problems in the world related to entity resolution and pushing to make new discoveries. You will be critical to our success.
- Impact: Data science at many companies focuses on making better product development and business decisions. At Enigma, data science is the core of our actual product!
- Learning: We’re tackling problems with exciting data that don’t have obvious solutions. Every day brings new opportunities to learn about data science and our world.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Bring 3-4+ years of industry experience in statistics, experiment design, distributed machine learning and data engineering
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Have an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience combining diverse sets of data at scale
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.