As a Fullstack Engineer at Enigma on the Data Accessibility team, your mission is to create user experiences that allow customers to efficiently evaluate and integrate our data into their decision making processes. Your work will be integral to providing customers with unique insights on small business data that will drive critical business decisions.
You will play an instrumental role in designing and building the systems that connect our customers to our rich small business data. Along with your team, you’ll navigate a complex set of customer requirements to create systems that combine scalability and flexibility.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Engages with designers and product managers to bring to life outstanding customer experiences
- Takes care to build well-designed systems that scale and are pleasant to maintain
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested code (we use Python and React)
- Gets excited when working as part of a motivated, collaborative team
- Identifies problems that others aren’t seeing and makes sure they get solved
- Is driven to unlock the potential of data to positively impact the real world
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge - You will be building systems that define the user experience for sophisticated data evaluators as well as scaling high-throughput, high-availability ML-driven systems on cloud infrastructure. These systems drive critical decision making at multi-billion dollar companies.
- Impact - We’re building Data Accessibility as a cross functional team of engineers, product managers and designers from the ground up. You’ll have an important voice in the foundational technical decisions as well as the product challenges of making our data accessible.
- Technical Breadth - You’ll be a core member of a small team working with many different technologies including Spark for data processing, Elastic for search, the AWS API stack and front end development. You’ll have the opportunity to work on all these technologies.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Bring 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Show an interest in learning unfamiliar technologies and going deep quickly
- Have successfully built systems with at least one of the following technologies: Spark, Elasticsearch, AWS API stack or React
- Demonstrate a strong interest solving business problems with data
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.