ENGINE SHOP IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL AGENCY.
We are looking for great people who are passionate about what they do. People who understand the value of hard work, are willing to get their hands dirty and enjoy the process as much as the result. People who love working on a team. People with a make it happen and get it done attitude. People who, no matter what the level, are leaders. No two gears are the same but they all fit together to make an unstoppable machine here at Engine Shop.
Our people are why Engine Shop has been consistently named a “Best Place To Work” by Ad Age and Event Marketer.
WHAT’S OUR STORY
We are an engagement marketing agency with deep roots across sports, entertainment and lifestyle. We integrate live experiences, digital engagement and content to help our clients connect with their consumers. To best serve these clients, all our people are expected to meet Engine Shop’s standard of excellence.
But that’s not our only focus. Our culture is a part of everything we do – from our casual work environments to our creative benefits and our acclaimed annual retreat. It’s a part of how we treat one another, how we have each other’s backs and how we welcome people who are different.
Our new Director will be reporting to the Sr Director and Executive Vice President of Creative Strategy. The ideal candidate will provide value by assisting with the strategic and creative development of client programs and new business opportunities. This person will have the ability to work with internal agency department leads (account, digital, production, creative, etc.) in an effort to develop cohesive, integrated programming and provide the best solutions for our business.
FUNCTIONS + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as agency lead on deck development, creative conception and strategic planning for internal clients and new business opportunities
- Develop strategic, fully integrated, engagement concepts for internal client programs and new business initiatives
- Ability to conduct research, analyze and apply relevant insights and trends for purposes of strategic solutions and innovative program concepts
- Work with integrated teams to build out pitch decks for RFP responses
- Ability to write decks with a clear understanding of how to write an engagement concept vs. creative or copy writing for presentation purposes
- Lead and participate in internal and external brainstorming sessions to develop new ideas for Engine Shop and client projects and programs
- Ability to push teams to think outside the box and bring innovative program concepts to the table
- Develop programs and ideas with an innate understanding of all marketing and consumer engagement verticals – we are not one-dimensional thinkers
- Create mood boards for decks that inspire and drive creative thinking and design
- Provide clear and concise creative direction to graphic designers and 3D renderers
- Collect necessary numbers from integrated teams to build out program budgets related to concepts, and ensure feasibility within client / new business parameters
- Ability to maintain and grow internal and external client relationships at all levels of the organization and deal with a wide range of individuals
- Manage agency materials and creative assets both internal and external facing, including but not limited to:
- Agency Templates (deck / word / etc.)
- Program Assets: Collecting case studies / photo / video/ etc.
- Website: Making recommendations on new content, keeping up with minor updates and following through to ensure updates are completed
- Work with agency PR contact and CMO on Award Submission materials, and make recommendations for new opportunities
- Ensure the Engine Shop brand is presented in the best way possible through all channels with regular checks and balances, updated content and innovative thinking
- Provide direction for continual staff growth and development as it relates to the Creative Development team and within the office
- Take time to build employee and agency competencies by providing constructive criticism and feedback on work and assignments
- Manage creative staff and integrated resources (production / digital / content / etc.) with delegation of duties to balance workload and manage time, assigns projects to challenge and grow staff based on experience and potential.
- Identify areas to streamline processes and implement strategies to improve overall agency efficiencies and competencies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum relevant work experience: 7 years
- Background in creative ideation and strategic concept development
- Solid experience in deck development, deck writing and concept development surrounding engagement and experiential programming
- Understanding of image licensing requirements for any non-concept work and familiarity of print production requirements
- Strong understanding of production, digital, content and all relevant business areas
- Understands Agency’s position and business processes thoroughly and contributes to their development and efficiency
- Conveys strong presence and presents information and ideas that influence others
- Understands and regularly applies contemporary marketing concepts
- Ability to travel as needed for pitch, client ideation or program execution
- Competitive compensation package including base salary and company bonus plan
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401K + company match
- Flex vacation policy