Job Title: Zonal Field Monitoring Coordinator - Lake Zone
Department: Customer Finance
Reporting Line: Manager Loan Recovery & Rescheduling
Location: Lake Zone, Tanzania.
Job Grade: 13
Application Deadline: 9th April 2023
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions providers in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol, and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, offgrid solar solutions for homes, public services, and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
- The Zonal Field Monitoring Coordinator (ZFMC) is responsible for the overall coordination and management of all credit metrics of the assigned zone.
- ZFMC is also responsible for portfolio management, leading Field Recovery Representatives and Collection Agents ensuring the implementation of their duties in case of sub-optimal results in terms of field PAR 30+ negatively impacting the quality of MySol’s portfolio.
- Analyze field team portfolio trends daily; understand root causes of deviation from targeted portfolio quality indicators; and define and implement appropriate corrective measures in coordination with the relevant stakeholders.
- Define localized collection priorities, best practices, and routines, ensure their implementation, and monitor their results.
- Monitor field team effectiveness and efficiency to ensure the targeted portfolio quality levels.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and contribute to the routinary ones to support performance analysis and evidence-based corrective measures.
- Design and implement M&E activities for field portfolio management, spending significant time in the field with the local teams.
- Recommend and drive periodic tactical promotions aiming at increasing collection and improving portfolio quality.
- Continuously improve and bring in ideas to improve the department’s processes.
- Ensure that the Cost-benefits analysis for their area of the assignment is effectively executed and be accountable for any mismanagement of cash or cash equivalent that happened in their area of authority
- Subordinates’ effectiveness:
- Regular review of Department KPIs, performance assessment vs. KPIs along with related internal and external reporting
- Ensure staff understands the context of their roles in relation to MySol’s strategy.
- Ensure staff in your department when performing their duties exhibit proper/acceptable behavior.
- Ensure performance consequences are taken by the line managers in your department i.e., recognize best performers and manage poor performers from time to time through both formal and informal feedback.
- Assess and monitor the training and development needs of the staff in the department.
- Ensure field staff members have the resources they require to perform their work.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the line management from time to time.
Knowledge and skills
- Team management
- Credit/Loan Portfolio management
- Credit risk management
- Computer literacy, particularly good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/365 Office Apps
- Familiarity with field operations complexity and change management.
- Experience in Credit/Loan portfolio management.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Microfinance, or any other related field.
- Experience in and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/365 Office Apps
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!