Job Title: Accounting Trainee
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: Rolling
Reporting To: Accountant
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
ENGIE is hiring an Accounting Trainee who's looking for a great way to launch his/her career. If you are seeking new challenges and additional responsibilities that will give you the opportunity to work in a busy finance office, this is the job for you. You will assist in preparing financial transactions and reporting for the Nairobi Office, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. The role will report directly to the accountant and will be part of the finance team.
- Assist with documentation review, for completeness, before processing (necessary for expense reimbursements and accounting for advances).
- Assist with managing receivables and following up on outstanding balances, including communicating with staff.
- Ensure all due payments are processed and disbursed on time.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Initiate SAP data entry and maintenance, data reconciliations and generation of monthly financial reports and schedules.
- Manage recurring accounting stakeholders relationships.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports balancing.
- ensure file maintenance is compliant with ENGIE policies, procedures, and local requirements.
- Prepare accounts' payables, receivables, payroll support, staff advances, and accruals schedules, ensuring that they are complete, tracked and monitored regularly.
- Perform any other relevant administrative and accounting duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or any other relevant field is wished.
- CPA is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint – is wished.
- SAP knolwdge are an advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- First experience in accounting
- Fast learner and worker, ready to give the best in accomplishing duties in a timeline.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Honest, reliable, diplomatic, and well-organized.
Terms of Employment:
The initial contract will be for three (3) months and may be renewed. This is an opportunity to be your best while building a future career possibility.
- 40 hours/week, 8am to 5pm Nairobi Time, Monday to Friday, in the Nairobi office
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
A significant exposure to Ethics risk given the geographical footprint (9 African markets) and type of activities (B2C, with large sales force on the field), this hire is critical for business continuity.