Job Title: Product Specialist
Reporting line: Strategic Marketing and Communication Manager
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Job Grade: 14
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,800 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.8 million customers and more than 9 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
As EEA Mozambique grows its product portfolio, the Product Specialist will play a key role in supporting the Head of Strategy, Product and Projects in launching new product pilots, providing technical support and training for all teams, and gathering feedback on product performance from our field teams and customers. This position will be part of a fast-paced team committed to understanding our customers’ fundamental needs and focused on offering the products and services that help them achieve the vision of EEA. To be successful in this role, the Product Specialist will need to work well cross-functionally across departments and be able to push forward multiple projects simultaneously.
Piloting and Commercializing Products
- Support the Head of Strategy, Projects and Product throughout the product pilot and commercialization planning process.
- Confirm kitting script and QA procedures with the Ops Team Leads.
- Coordinate initial and recurring delivery schedules with the Ops Team Leads.
- Work with Marketing to design and review flyers, posters, and other materials.
- Coordinate with Ops Team Leads on the ordering and delivery of printables (contracts, invoices, flyers) for new products and pricing.
- Test product compatibility in all areas of DB, which may include verification of payment plans and eligibility criteria, vetting scripts, after sales service processes, association, and assigning kits to sales teams.
Leading Cross-functional Product Training
- Become the technical product expert for products in your domain.
- Collaborate with the Global Product team to create and adapt training materials for new products, as well as update training materials for existing products as needed.
- Lead product trainings (and refresher trainings) for field teams.
- Provide technical support to all teams and serve as point person for product troubleshooting.
- Train CX product experts, as needed.
Improving Product Processes
- Support the Head of Strategy, Projects and Product to evaluate and design initiatives to achieve the target product kit mix and upgrade sales.
- Contribute to product strategy by informing the development of the product roadmap.
- Conduct customer visits to better understand customer needs and priorities.
- Synthesize product feedback from field teams and customers into actionable steps for improving products and processes.
- Create, coordinate, and analyze surveys that allow to gain better customer insights.
Required Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Economics, Product management, Business, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in similar roles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in consumer product development and ‘last mile’ customer deliver.
- Quantitative analysis skills and an understanding of effective technical communication and data visualization methods preferably with Tableau.
- Project management experience, strong business acumen and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience, and strong team orientation.
- Experience coordinating a team and delegating tasks.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to coordinate tasks within multiple projects with cross functional teams.
- Skill in problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to tackle new challenges and be solution-oriented.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!