Job Title: Inventory and Logistics Manager
Reporting line: Head of Operations
Location: Maputo Mozambique
Job Grade: 17
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,800 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.8 million customers and more than 9 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
The Inventory and Logistics Manager at Engie Energy Access Mozambique is expected to help the Company manage inventory country wide to ensure minimum shrink and the timely dispatch of inventory from the central warehouse to Service Centers across the Country. Your chief goal in this position will be to monitor and report on our company’s inventory levels. You will be responsible for implementing inventory tracking systems, reviewing levels of supplies, receiving, and storing products effectively.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities:
- Work with the Operations Manager to create and implement an effective inventory management and dispatch process. Prepare and manage Delivery Forecaster ahead of shipment;
- Work with the Operations Manager to facilitate the importation of Power Systems and related accessories into Mozambique;
- Monitor sales trends and adjust ordering and forecasting based on those trends to manage cash spend;
- Plan and manage periodic stock counts and inventory audits across country;
- Negotiate dispatch-related costs with third-party logistics partners;
- Manage relationships with third-party logistics partners;
Deliverables and Activities
- Use specialist transport and in accordance with quality requirements to dispatch stock to the service centers.
- Ensure hired vehicles and drivers comply with legal requirements.
- Use logistical software to coordinate both incoming and outgoing shipments. Ensures the shipments and receipts of all domestic and international orders are tracked, data uploaded in our inventory tool.
- Use organization and prioritization skills to delegate tasks to other dispatch workers.
- Monitoring the availability of contracts and flyers in service centers. He liaises with the sales team to ensure that the sales order is properly fulfilled with the exact items that were requisitioned.
- Manage and monitor the delivery preparation process and dispatching of both sellable and swap stock to the service centers.
- Ensures that stock is always available across all sales locations within the country.
- Use inventory tool to manage stock levels and perform procurement duties for flyers, financial contracts, and other operationally important inventory items that are running low.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results;
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness;
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility;
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening;
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in distribution, and warehousing operations in a production or manufacturing setting;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership capacity;
- Knowledge of warehouse operations, Inventory management, techniques, and recognized inventory management tools;
- Strong communication - ability to communicate with others to ensure job ownership;
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature;
- Ability to accurately analyze information with strong attention to detail;
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify patterns and trends in data and develop data-driven solutions to complex business problems.
- University degree in procurement and supply chain, logistics, or any business relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluent in Portuguese .
- Microsoft suite - required;
- (SAP) experience or any inventory management software - desired.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!