Job Title: Global Sales Account Executive
Department: Wholesale and Partnerships
Reporting Line: Head of Wholesale and Partnerships
Location: Cote d’ivoire, Benin, Rwanda or Nigeria
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.5 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Sales Account Executive will play an important role in expanding ENGIE Energy Access’ operations into new geographic markets through the development of a Busines to Business (B2B) market entry business model by finding leads, closing sales, supporting existing clients and communicating product value to clients.
Further, this role will be responsible for building and co-ordination to expand the company’s footprint in Central and West Africa.
The department will have collaboration with the respective departments:
- Logistics and Supply
- Corporate Communications
- Product Development
- Hardware and Software Support
- Software development
- As Sales Account Executive you are responsible for evaluating and analyzing new B2B market-entry opportunities
- You are responsible for building relationships in new markets, executing sales strategies, and delivering sales quotas assigned to B2B business partners.
- Your task requires you to make cold calls and reaching out to prospects to present and demonstrate the value of products and services offered.
- You are responsible to follow up on prospects through the sales cycle to ensure needs are being met by providing customer support when needed.
- You are required to respond to complaints and resolve issues to ensure customer success and satisfaction.
- You are responsible to build a long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external stakeholders and internal departments to create a better customer experience.
- Furthermore, you would be preparing and ensuring successful participation in conferences, corporate events, exhibitions and similar events.
Knowledge and skills
- An academic background in sales management, marketing, or related field plus 5 years’ experience in B2B sales.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills with a capacity to develop strong action-oriented relationships with clients/Partners.
- Outstanding negotiation skills reinforced by critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A good team player, enthusiastic and passionate about the sense of ownership and pride in companies’ impact
- A good time-management and the willingness to travel for longer periods of time.
- Industry knowledge in Solar PAYGO or consumer electronics.
- 5+ years of experience in B2B sales management and or business development
- Fluency in English is a must.
- French is mandatory as a 2nd language.
- Experience with Microsoft offices and CRM Software’s.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!