Job Title: Field Recovery Representative Intern
Department: Customer Finance
Reporting Line: Zonal Field Monitoring Coordinator
Location: Central Zone, Coastal Zone, Lake Zone, Northern Zone, Southern Highlands Zone - Tanzania.
Job Grade: N/A
Application Deadline: 9th April 2023
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions providers in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol, and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, offgrid solar solutions for homes, public services, and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
- The Field Recovery Representative Intern is responsible for the general overseeing, monitoring, and field visitation for recovery activities.
- He/she is also responsible for customer verification on all credit-related issues regarding enforcing and/or verifying loan repayment/field visitations done.
- Ensure timely and effective execution of all assigned field visits i.e., full repayment of arrears.
- Ensure effective monitoring of all the visits assigned to CAs.
- Act as a contact between the Zonal Filed Monitoring Coordinator, RBE, Recovery Team, Assessment Team at NH, Telesales Team, and CAs per assigned hub regarding portfolio monitoring
- Analyzing payment sources received as a complicated scenario from CAs and customers and advising accordingly.
- Ensure all assigned POR cases are given high priority, attended on time and appropriate solutions are offered.
- Ensure that all visits per hub come with desired credit solutions including collections, loan rescheduling, ownership change, Extension of Grace Period, or exceptional repossession & promos to conduct from time to time in collaboration with Marketing.
- Ensure that all repossessions are in compliance with the repossession's procedures.
- Ensure close follow-up and monitoring of all customer complaints related to customer cases and maintenance issues in the hub.
- Ensure market study per hub to find out the nature of payment patterns, and how seasonality affects the various customer segments in the area and offer proper recommendations to Zonal Field Monitoring Coordinator and Assessment Manager to stimulate smooth customer payments.
- Advising Regional Business Executive (RBE)/Zonal Field Monitoring Coordinator (ZFMC) on different issues affecting portfolio performance in the respective District/Region
- Responsible for management of repossession stock as well as defaulting repossessed systems in the database.
- Responsible for following up on all customer assessment appeal cases and any other case that may require field visit verification.
- Ensure calls follow up for overdue customers at least bi-weekly.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be assigned by the Line Management.
Knowledge and skills
- Customer relationship management
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Computer literacy, particularly good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/365 Office Apps
- Previous experience in microfinance, banking, or renewable energy business dealing with loans.
- Experience in customer relationship management is an added advantage
- Good level of familiarity with typical income, expenditure, and cash flow patterns of rural and peri-urban households and micro-enterprises in different regions, including farmers, animal breeders, business owners, and employees
- A minimum holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance, Economics, or any other related field.
- Experience in and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/365 Office Apps
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!