HR Operations Coordinator - Global Team support
Uganda HR Team
Global Office HR Lead
9-12 months fixed term
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.5 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
In this highly interesting position, you will be responsible for providing support and guidance to our team in Uganda along the full employee lifecycle. With your expertise you will shape and assure the highest standards of our HR processes and services. As part of our global HR team, you will work on a variety of challenging HR topics and take ownership for your own projects
This position will be based in Kampala, Uganda, and will report to the Global Office HR Lead.
- Employee Experience
- Employee Relations: Provide an excellent internal customer experience by creating clear channels for employees to raise questions or concerns, an empathetic approach to addressing these, with a quick turnaround time to resolution.
- Disciplinary and HR Issues: Provide response to any HR issues, either disciplinary or emergency-related for the team.
- Onboarding and offboarding: Coordinate onboarding to ensure new team members have the information, tools and relationships they need to succeed in their roles; coordinate a seamless offboarding process as team members move on to new opportunities.
- Growth: Support the team through facilitation, tools development, coaching, and escalation where needed to ensure they receive regular performance reviews, have a positive working relationship with their manager, know how to navigate and envision their career path at Energy Access, and troubleshooting challenges that they are facing.
- Compliance, Policy, Legal
- Contracts and legal documentation: Ensure that the employees under your oversight have contracts in place that meet relevant employment law requirements. This will include the administration of NDAs and CIIAAs for specific roles.
- HR Guidelines & Processes: Implement all HR policies, processes, best practices and guidelines, ensuring that they balance the needs of the team with the business.
- HR Law & Tax Compliance: Ensure all employees within your oversight group are compliant with local HR/employment laws and pay necessary PAYE, NSSF and other relevant taxes and fees.
- Work Permits: Processing of work permits for international employees based in Uganda as well as permit cancellation, dependent pass processing, etc.
- HRIS and Systems
- HRIS Management: Ensure that our HRIS system is fully updated for the employees under your oversight.
- System Improvements: Support in continual review of our way of doing things, HR processes and workflows to ensure we retain great employee experience and business efficiency.
Knowledge and skills
- At least 2 years experience in an HR role (preferably in Uganda and/or East Africa)
- High level of maturity, integrity, and discretion
- Proven track record executing in a fast moving, detail-oriented environment with a commitment to effective communication and customer service
- Derives a high level of satisfaction from being highly responsive and timely in dealing with individual issues
- High Emotional Intelligence.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Excitement about Energy Access mission and a deep desire to make an impact on off-grid and financially underserved customers in sub-Saharan Africa
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Thrives on teamwork
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!