Job Title: Uganda Customer Finance Data Analyst
Department: Customer Finance
Reporting Line: Head of Customer Finance & IT
Job Grade: HL 14
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.5 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Data Analyst Role provides an amazing opportunity for the right candidate to have a direct impact on how we are revolutionizing credit and financial inclusion for the base of the pyramid. He/she will work closely with the Head of Customer Finance & IT, the wider customer finance team and the commercial team, using quantitative and qualitative data to deepen our understanding of customer repayment behavior and performance across various dimensions of the portfolio and credit cycle and continuously improve how we efficiently and effectively manage Credit Risk and the Customer Credit Cycle. He/she will directly lead day-to-day research and analytics for Customer Finance-related projects.
The role has the potential to grow in responsibility over time and develop into one where you would lead the overall data analysis and reporting at country level. Taking information from all the various sources we have and building reports and insights of portfolio performance at country level.
Helping leadership and the Field Team gain better access to the data/information they need to effectively manage the credit cycle
- Working with wider team to understand data/information needs
- Using tools like SQL and Tableau to build queries and dashboards to easily communicate key KPIs for both higher-level and operational reporting
- Organizing the dashboards/ data for the Field team in a more coherent way to make it easier to search and find data
- Helping build team capacity with SQL/Tableau
- Ad hoc analysis / dashboards as needed to assist decision making and operational improvement
- Regular Deep dive analyses into our extensive data collections to improve different parts of the credit management cycle
- Portfolio performance monitoring & reporting.
Leading day-to-day research and analytics for Customer Finance related projects
- Managing the pipeline of CF data related research projects including designing of projects upon request
- Working with wider team to understand areas for potential new projects
- Leading the analysis of the projects, communicating and documenting findings (dashboards, summaries, presentation, and regular feedback to other commercial teams for continuous improvement)
Knowledge and skills
- 3-4yrs experience in a data analyst role and/or a company working with the same kind of customers and field team as ours, preferably in energy access, asset financing, microfinance etc.
- Solid experience working in an organization working with the same kind of customers as ours is a huge plus.
- Experience working in a directly related field such as energy access, last-mile product financing, microfinance or digital financial services is a big plus.
- Demonstrated experience building out analysis/dashboards that have had a direct impact on improving operational performance.
- Experience working on projects that require cross-functional buy-in and collaboration.
- Good data analysis skills and a strong desire to continuously learn more in this area to help others make data-driven decisions/recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English) to understand pain points, generate buy in and effectively communicate results
- Ability to build dashboards that communicate data in a way that implementing mangers can easily understand and make decisions with
- A passion for Engie Energy Access and our customers!
- A minimum of bachelor's degree in a related/quantitative subject such as Energy, Finance, Microfinance, Engineering, Physical sciences would be a plus.
- Proficiency in one or more languages spoken by our customers is a big plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good Experience using data analysis tools e.g Excel, SQL, Python/R etc.
- Experience with communicating data with data visualization tools like Tableau/PowerBI/Python/R
- Being tech savvy, confident in your ability to work with new data/tech tools and continuously looking to build your data analysis, visualization and communication skills is a must!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!