Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Department: Digital & IT
Reporting Line: Engineering Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Job Grade: 13
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.6 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
Engie Energy Access is looking for a talented, QA Engineer to join the team to help deliver affordable solar power to emerging markets in Uganda and the larger East African community. This position offers a great opportunity to work alongside an elite team of engineers and business professionals and directly contribute to the success of a mission driven company with social and environmental impact. Candidates will get the opportunity to work in several technology stack at scale.
As part of the Quality Assurance team, QA Engineer will be responsible for using a suite of test scripts and tools to ensure our releases are reliable.
- Collaborate with the QA Engineer to develop effective strategies and test plans for the software platforms.
- Support software automation for Quality Assurance including test planning/automation, bug reporting.
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
- Document and report technical issues to the team.
- Test tickets on EEA agile board and make sure they meet the acceptance criteria.
Knowledge and skills
- 2+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Entrepreneurial and forward thinking with ability to recognize the impact of technology in business.
- Fintech experience.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Understanding of programming concepts and able to implement simple functions with control structures. Understanding of basic object-oriented principles and understanding of classes, object, attributes etc.
- Ability to attend to detail and have robust analytical skill set, endless curiosity and a desire to think outside the box.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A track record as an exceptional team player.
- French is a plus
- Comfortable querying SQL databases and navigating web application codebases to give exploratory testing focus.
- Understanding of automation frameworks like selenium, Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!