About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, offgrid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This position will be part of the Marketing team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, reporting to the Operational Marketing Manager. The Operational Marketing Supervisor supports the organization’s marketing strategy by helping to plan, execute and track marketing programs, across BTL and ATL channels, for its two key business
divisions – Solar Home Systems (SHS) and Minigrids. The successful candidate should have an intimate knowledge of B2C sales and will help the organization (and field-based Sales teams in particular) achieve her goals by building strong marketing campaigns that resonate with customers in predominantly rural communities.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
• Assist in the creation of ATL, BTL & Digital marketing campaigns and promotions, with the aim of driving growth via sales for SHS, improving brand awareness and building the different brands (MySol for SHS, Minigrids & EEAN as the leader in Renewable Energy in Nigeria), amongst the different stakeholders
• Provide strategic direction and guidance to the sales team to develop and implement BTL activities across the different regions
• Analyze internal and external data, and use the insights garnered to develop effective marketing activities
• Oversee the leads management process from both online and off-line channels, working closely with the field sales team
• Create and manage the production and distribution of marketing collateral including but not limited to flyers, gazebo covers and other branded items
• Plan and implement strategic events in service of making EEAN the leader in the renewable energy sector in Nigeria
• Manage internal communications, to ensure that the organization’s internal stakeholders are well appraised of the organization’s activity per time as well as to help build camaraderie amongst the teams
Deliverables and Activities
Marketing Activity Planning and Implementation
• Integrated Marketing Campaign – develop integrated marketing campaign that cuts across ATL, BTL, Digital & PR to drive brand awareness and growth, revenue growth, and loan repayment
• Agency Management – responsible for managing EEAN’s relationship with external agencies and consultants within the marketing vertical
• Sales team led activity monitoring and reporting – give guidance to sales team on the planning and implementation of BTL activities in their regions and ensure the timely reporting of same
• Online Content- Compose and post online content on the company’s social media accounts to increase brand equity and drive sales
• Advertising Material- Coordinate with the Creative Content Designer to create advertising material that resonates with our target audience
• Consumer Behaviour- Gather and analyse consumer behaviour data (from Digital Media Channels & In-House resources) and push initiatives to increase consumer loyalty
• Market Research- Conduct market research and analyse customer rating reports/ questionnaires alongside the Product Team
• Competition monitoring- Monitor competitors’ marketing activities within the Solar Home Systems and Minigrids space
• Social Media Analytics- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.). Also create reports on social media marketing and sales metrics
• Marketing Analytics- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations and measuring the impact and effectiveness of past promotional campaigns
• Database Management- Update spreadsheets, databases and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information
• Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
• Stakeholder Management
• Communicate directly with all stakeholders and encourage trusting relationships
• Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
Required Skills and Experience
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience in marketing (agency or client side)
• Experience developing effective marketing campaigns with a strong bias for ROI, across ATL & BTL
• Experience developing digital content is a plus
• Trade Marketing experience is a plus
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage relationships with internal/external customers to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
• Good proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
• Good communication skills with ability to state messages clearly, using language that is comprehensible to others.
• Must be able to proactively listen to others.
• Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
• Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
• Up to 50% inter-state travel required
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to functional work or role
• Professional fluency in English is required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience using data analysis tools (e.g., Excel) to analyze information to make decisions is a big plus
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!