Job Title: Technical Support Specialist – West or Southern Africa
Department: Global Customer Finance
Reporting Line: Head of Credit Operations
Location: Any EEA country of operation in our West Africa (Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Benin) or Southern Africa (Tanzania, Mozambique, Zambia) regions of operation, with a slight preference for Southern Africa
This position involves up to 25% business travel to other EEA countries of operation as well as occasional travel for stakeholder workshops.
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.5 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
- With EEA selling the lion’s share of its products on credit to hundreds of thousands of individual customers every year, EEA’s Customer Finance function plays a key role in the success of the business.
- The Global Customer Finance team supports all markets to manage the customer’s financial services journey and the credit cycle to deliver positive commercial outcomes and a positive customer experience. Within the Credit Operations Team of Global CF, we work on the standards, systems, tools and workflows used by our call centers, field teams and back office teams to help support customer repayment.
- The Technical Support Specialist works to provide all country teams with essential day-to-day support and troubleshooting on the core Global Customer Finance tools and technology platforms. Along with working directly with country teams, you will work in close collaboration with the Global Customer Finance team, and Global Digital and Data teams.
- Technical Support & Maintenance of Core Credit Operations Tools
Provide day-to-day technical support and troubleshooting for country teams on Credit Operations tools and systems to ensure overall stability of daily technical operations
Maintain Global Credit Operations daily and monthly dashboards on Tableau and directly support or escalate and manage follow up for troubleshooting requests where daily lists and dashboards are not functioning properly
Support requests for changes in configuration in EEA’s credit escalations and account management data directory by directly modifying SQL / Python code on our back-end systems
Provide direct support to countries on initial configuration and maintenance / updates to configurations of core digital tools that support the credit operations routines. Ensure clear documentation of configuration requirements and maintenance of change logs.
Support lower capacity markets in usage of EEA tools for Customer Finance operations, such as messaging and communications platforms
Advocate for technical team (Digital, Data, etc.) support of Credit Operations priorities and follow up on requests as needed.
- Digitization & Automation Development
Provide direct technical support to country teams on adoption of core EEA credit operations work tools & systems and monitor adoption & usage data
Investigate & seek to understand and address root causes for low adoption, technical bottlenecks or other technical issues in successful usage and scaling of global tools
Provide recommendations on areas for improvement and enhancement of digital tools or areas of automation in credit operations
- Stakeholder Management & Capacity Development Support
Serve as a key point of contact for countries within your region of assignment on general topics related to Customer Finance and escalate to Global CF team members as needed
Provide strong relationship management and stakeholder management for your internal customers across all markets and user groups
Support development and delivery of training content for MySol Academy or other credit-related training initiatives for areas related to understanding and usage of our technical tools and systems for credit operations routines
Collaborate with stakeholders to identify areas for improvement and potential for innovation in the technology that supports credit operations activities.
Knowledge and skills
Experience & Aptitudes:
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience in a related field; work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa in the off-grid energy sector or a similar consumer industry is a plus.
- Can-do attitude, with a knack for issue identification, problem solving and tackling challenges that require collaboration as well as individual effort and attention to quality and detail.
- Able to appropriately document, prioritize and handle high-frequency technical requests and micro-projects during the workday or week coming from several market contexts
- Takes a proactive approach to learning and mastering new technical and analytical skills, and seeks out help and support where necessary
- Strong process orientation and engineering mindset; high level of interest in how to make processes and systems work to their best level and how systems and processes relate to each other
- Empathy, stamina and strong communication skills in collaboration with a broad range of stakeholders and internal customers
- Familiarity with the nature of our customer base and the challenges faced by our customer-facing teams
- Diploma or degree preferred. Degree in related technical area is a plus.
- Certification in a relevant topic is a plus.
- West African regional specialist: English & French Required
- Southern Africa regional specialist: English Required; Portuguese, Swahili and Local Language Fluency a plus
- Strong proficiency with standard Microsoft Office software packages
- Experience with data tools like SQL, Python (querying) and Tableau (visualization) is a major plus; ability to learn how to use these or similar tools on-the-job is a must
- Ability to use GitLab and PyCharm is a plus; ability to learn on the job is a must
- Basic knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics is a plus
- Experience working on digital and data system management is a plus; experience in development & maintenance of front-end and back-end tools for workflow and workforce management a strong plus (call center or CRM tools, AppSheet, ODK, SalesForce).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!