Job Title: Ethics Officer (Student Internship)
Department: Legal & Ethics
Reporting Line: Ethics and Legal compliance officer
Location: Paris, France
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.5 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Legal and Ethics Department of ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) is looking for an Ethics Officer for a 6-month internship who is available to start immediately.
The intern will mainly support the EEA Ethics & Legal Compliance Counsel in the implementation of the Group’s ethics policies and the fulfilment of its mission as established by the ENGIE Ethics line. The person will also support on other Legal compliance topics (ie data privacy) as well as corporate legal and contractual matters when necessary, in support of the EEA Legal team.
- Lead Ethics due diligence processes (data base research, drafting of ethics due diligence reports, commission of external due diligence investigations, propose recommendations on next steps for the business).
- Support the organization of bespoke training sessions across markets and locations, and coordinate / monitor the completion of the fundamental ENGIE Group online trainings.
- Support the EEA Ethics & Legal Compliance Counsel with the preparation and the deployment of ethics initiatives and ethics communications across EEA markets.
- Support the Ethics & Legal Compliance Counsel with the reporting and follow-ups on Ethics incidents and related action plans, as well as with more general Group reporting activities, including the Ethics annual report and any ad hoc audits.
- Depending on EEA’s needs and the team’s workload, provide general legal support and contract review for the EEA legal entities across jurisdictions.
Knowledge and skills
- Discretion is a must as the candidate will work with departments that handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is a must.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint is a requirement.
- Specific experience in an Ethics / Compliance focused role in a law firm or international company is preferable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Flexibility in providing support to multiple teams across multiple offices, geographically dispersed.
- Proactivity, dynamism, and creativity are essential skills for success in this position.
You are currently completing a Master's degree in Compliance/Business Ethics/International Law and ideally have some initial experience in a similar role (internship)
Qualification focused on Compliance / Ethics is a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!