Job Title: Logistics Support Officer
Application Deadline: Rolling
Reporting Line: Logistics Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Logistics Support Officer (LSO) will strongly support the Inbound and Outbound Processes of ENGIE Energy Access Kenya’s goods into and out of the Warehouse. He/she will ensure that all physical stock movements are properly documented, and all Inventory Management Systems are accurately updated.
- Inventory of goods received in National Warehouse
- Support daily Stock Order Process in consultation with EEA K Field & Logistics Team
- Ensuring all EEA K Inventory Systems & Databases are maintained and fully up to date
- Ensuring Physical Documentation for all Inbound and Outbound Stock Movements is in place and 100% accurate
- Support daily Stock Counts and Stock Variance Reconciliations in close consultation with the Warehouse Logistics Team
- Ensuring that Customer Returns are allocated to Technical Operations Team within the shortest possible time
- Monitoring & Tracking of goods in transit between the Warehouse and Sales Points and submission of daily report to the Logistics Officer
- Conducting daily spot checks with Warehouse Team to ensure efficient pallet utilization
- Monitoring of Electronic Waste stored in the WH and triggering E-Waste Disposals in close communication with appointed E-Waste Recyclers
Knowledge and skills
- At least 2 years previous experience in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Warehouse-related environment, ideally in a similar role.
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required.
- Basic knowledge in MS office (especially Excel/Word) and computer knowledge required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as well as strong organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics & Transportation; Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain Management, or in a related field
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!