Job Title: Uganda Telesales Agents (Commission based)
Department: Customer Experience
Reporting Line: Call Center Team Lead
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Friday 30th September, 2022 by 5pm.
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, offgrid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Engie Energy Access, manufacturer of the FENIX POWER/MySol solar systems, is looking for dynamic, highly motivated, and disciplined Telesales agents with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy, and financial inclusion to join our team. A Telesales agent is an individual who works under limited supervision and performs duties associated with customer acquisition and onboarding, while ensuring exceptional customer experience above all.
- Pitching Engie products to the target market to ensure growth of customer base
- Market the product and generate sales leads
- Acquire new customers over the phone
- Do top of the class customer onboarding
- Educate customers about the product use and installation
- Educate customers on how to pay
- Interpret the Loan Agreement to the customer and make sure they understand the financial commitment they are taking on
- Responsible for all the sales made to increase revenue generation (repayment)
- Cross/up-selling to existing customers
- Provide a positive experience to the customers on all phone interactions regardless of the outcome
- Ensure top tier customer experience to achieve high customer satisfaction
- Report any (suspected or confirmed) case of fraud or tampering to Engie management
- Escalate unresolved issues or questions to the Call Centre team lead on site.
- Observe standard operating procedures and safety practices
- Learn all product details, specifications, prices, and capabilities to be equipped with all product information.
- Always provide accurate product information to customers and never oversell or lie to customers about our product capabilities.
- Should be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the customer finance agreement
- Take initiative to continuously improve your product knowledge and soft customer service skills to better serve our customers and develop your career.
Knowledge and skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Should demonstrate both verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams or independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem-solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
- Passion for the job - bringing renewable energy to millions of Ugandans
- Uphold ENGIE Values, including demonstrating honesty and integrity
- Willing to build and grow MySol Customer Base
- Must be a quick learner
You must speak Luganda, English and one of the following languages:
- Lusoga, Lumasaba,
- Conversant with use of computers
Please Note: If you are currently a MySol Champion (sales agent) you are not eligible to apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!