Job Title: User Experience Designer
Department: Digital & IT
Reporting Line : Head of Digital Product
Location: Cotonou, Benin OR Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Application Deadline: 18th August 2022
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
As UX/UI Designer at Engie Energy Access (EEA), you’ll help setup our User Experience and responsible for collecting and translating user insights into delightful experiences. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing beautiful features that address our customer's needs. You will use your creativity and eye for design – along with your technical knowledge – to develop great experiences. You'll work with the lead designer, product managers and our software development team. Together you'll deliver UI mockups, prototypes, MVPs, and final products. In this role, you'll have the privilege of being the voice of our customers. You’ll translate their needs into user-friendly designs. You will have direct impact on the customer's user-experience of our product.
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Transform your findings into easily understandable insights
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Create prototypes and wireframes, and conduct, observe and analyse usability testing sessions
- Develop standard UI components and style guides for company-wide use
- Effectively communicate your designs to developers and other key stakeholders
- Conduct industry research and stay up-to-date on best practices, competitor UI designs and emerging technologies
- Manage design libraries and design systems with adherence to product branding requirements
- Oversee the development and delivery of effective user interfaces
- Work with digital analytics team to assess the impact of all UI design and usability changes.
- Drive the Design Thinking-first culture in the organization
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a UX and UI Designer
- Portfolio with 3 to 5 projects that demonstrate your process and skills
- Expert in Design Thinking
- Expert knowledge of responsive design, mobile, and web UI
- Strong typography, layout, and visual design skills
- Communication, collaboration, and teamwork
- User-centric mindset
- Attention to detail
- Creative and analytical approach
- Knowledge of relevant industry tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Affinity Designer, etc
- Business know-how: understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Understanding of basic front-end languages: HTML5, CSS3 Java script will be a plus.
- English and French
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!