Title: Intern- Customer Care Representative
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: Rolling
Position Status: Intern
Team: Customer Experience
Reporting To: Customer Care Team Leader
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, offgrid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Customer Experience Department leads Support excellent (country-specific) customer experience through a smart customer journey and insightful, responsive analysis. Customer care Representative Interns help Engie Energy Access Kenya to develop strong relationships with our customers by trouble shooting of technical issues, answering customer’s questions, resolve problems, escalate and follow up issues with transversal teams, onboard new customers, conduct NPS/CSI Surveys; in summary develop relationships with customers by answering questions and concerns with speed and professionalism. The team is committed to providing timely and effective solutions to customer queries by providing first level support aimed at achieving excellent customer experience with all our products.
- Ensure 90% of inbound calls offered are serviced efficiently and on time.
- Meet Service Level Agreement: Measure calls answered within 30 Secs VS calls offered 80%.-
- Ensure customer satisfaction through call quality and solving of cases as per assigned targets.
- Conduct Onboarding calls for one-week Old customers – at least 90% of these customers should be contacted.
- Ensure on time escalation of daily operational issues such as 3CX, DB downtime whenever they arise, SMS Delivery down time, Payments not reflecting, network issues etc to the respective teams.
- Create customer Care Cases for all the Inbound Calls served.
- Support sales drive through the call center via outbound and CRC campaign where applicable.
- Escalation of Post Warranty queries & full disclosure to the customer on the terms for post warranty 100%
- 100 % handling of escalations from transversal teams and queries from the text line (20044).
- Conduct NPS/CSI and other surveys as directed.
- Complete assigned tasks in line with applicable policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Seek opportunities to learn and develop within Engie Energy Access Kenya and through training.
- Support sales drive through the call center via outbound and CRC campaign by 10% contribution to sales targets
Knowledge and skills
- Basic knowledge on Excel spread sheets and data entry skills
- Minimum experience of at least 3 months in customer service in a call center environment and/or in a high call volume environment with strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Experience assisting customers/clients with escalated issues
- Proven critical thinking skills that demonstrate fact finding/analysis and sound decision making
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Detail oriented and well-organized
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- High level of self-motivation
- Ability to balance multiple tasks while working under tight deadlines with close attention to detail, accuracy and quality at all times
- Open to work in a flexible and creative work environment with fast-evolving operations
- Positive attitude is a must for this role
- A university Degree/diploma or it's equivalent from a recognized institution
- Fluent in English (writing, speaking and reading)
- Fluent in Kiswahili (writing, speaking and reading)
- Experience in technology required for the role
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!