Job Title: Software Support Officer
Location: Any EEA African Markets
Application Deadline: 7th July 2022
Reporting To: Global Technical Support Manager
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This position will be part of the Global Technical Support Team that is led by a Global Technical Support Manager and working closely with the Global Digital and IT, Global & Country QA, and R&D Teams.
This is an incredible opportunity for a talented individual to join a high-performing team that is passionate about providing high quality energy to off-grid customers at the base of the financial pyramid. Key responsibilities will include triaging and responding to new support requests, implementing, and improving support strategies and processes, documenting support challenges, and communicating cross-departmentally. Your efforts will make a meaningful impact by enabling EEA to continuously improve how we support our customers.
EEA is looking for a competent and personable Software Support Officer to offer first line of support to users of all EEA built software. Our software systems include a web-based ERP/CRM application (FenixDB and Power hub), mobile application (FenixGO, MySolGo, and MySolFix) and web-based customer support application with softphone integration (xDesk). You should be approachable, and solution driven, leveraging external tools where necessary to bring additional efficiencies to the support process. You will be communicating with new users, legacy users, and engineers daily, matching your communication style to your audience is crucial. You may sometimes be required to work outside normal working hours.
This position offers a great opportunity to work alongside an elite team of engineers and business professionals and directly contribute to the success of a fast-moving African based company with great potential for social and environmental impact. Candidates must enjoy working in a Global (different cultures and backgrounds) environment, and ideally have a passion for renewable energy and sustainable development in Frontier Markets.
- Own support for key software applications for EEA markets through monitoring and responding to requests using ServiceDesk ticketing system.
- Be the point of contact between Global Support and the Digital and IT team.
- Respond to and resolve all queries within times defined in Service Level Agreements.
- Investigate, document, and resolve software issues throughout EEA markets.
- Write MySQL queries to quantify the impact of reported issues.
- Generate and share reports to track and improve support team performance.
- Help prioritize feedback and feature requests from users and support team to Software Product Managers.
- Iterate prevention plans for common support requests by collaborating with Digital Product Managers and Software Engineers.
- Escalate high-impact or novel concerns to appropriate teams.
- Give exceptional customer experience in a friendly and helpful manner.
Experience & Skills:
- 2 years + experience in a technical/software support role.
- Experience with data analytics and troubleshooting.
- Experience with SQL or other data-querying tools.
- Understanding of integrated software systems.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify causes, and provide efficient solutions.
- Comfortable with new technologies.
- Approachable working style & strong written/verbal communication.
- Attention to detail.
- A passion for software and customer experience.
- Able to cover shifts during weekends (some weekends, on a rotation basis).
- Experience giving front line technical support.
- Good writing skills for creating comprehensive documentation.
- BS or greater (Computer Science, IT, Information Systems, or related field).
- Fluency in Spoken and Written English.
- French, Swahili, or Portuguese is a plus.
- Experience building KPI dashboards and performance monitoring.
- Experience with Tableau.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!