Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Team: Upstream Supply Chain
Reporting To: Head of Upstream Supply Chain
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This position is part of the Manufacturing Quality team based in Shenzhen, China, led by the Manufacturing Quality Manager and working closely with Global quality assurance team, other Operations and Product/R&D teams. This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to join a high-performing team that is passionate about bringing products of the highest quality to off-grid customers at the base of the pyramid.
Key responsibilities will include ensuring that suppliers meet requirements, and driving improvements where necessary among those same suppliers using strong technical expertise and rigorous processes. Your insights will make a meaningful impact by enabling EEA to continuously push for better from their manufacturing partners.
- Contribute to supplier selection via onsite audits and off-the-shelf sample evaluation
- Lead OTS/EMS/ODM/ product supplier manufacturing quality management
- Oversee all quality assurance of new products, production lines and engineering changes (including PPAP, document audits, line audits and pre-shipment inspections)
- Work to continuously optimize suppliers’ quality and manufacturing processes by driving supplier to improve yield, cosmetic, outgoing quality and reliability
- Develop a quality vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to ensure that the inherent quality function is built into each step of the product.
- Compile test plans and verify new hardware designs in collaboration with Product team/R&D
- Provide & present various technical, quality & project management reports to cross functional team
- Lead the resolution of any quality problems identified both of at suppliers and in Africa countries
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum 6 years of engineering, design, manufacturing, NPI, engineering program management, quality or supplier management in electronic industry
- Broad understanding of consumer-electronics manufacturing and testing processes
- Experience proactively and independently driving change
- Demonstrated strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Good team-player and able to work with multiple functional groups and international teams
- familiar in ISO standard , IEC testing ,quality tools and auditing expertises
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, engineering, or related field
- Can communicate in English – both writing and speaking
- Other added technical knowledge e.g. PCBA, E&E, reliability, electrical & mechanical design will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of any high-level programming languages is highly desirable
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!