Job Title: Regional Business Executive
Location: Regional Hubs, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15/10/2021
Team: Commercial Department
Reporting To: Zonal Business Manager
About ENGIE BU Africa ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Responsible to lead and manage a team of Acquisition & Collection Agents, Installations Technician, Dual Contractors, and their customers – responsible for the full customer cycle i.e., Acquisition, Collect, Recover, Maintain and Fulfil.
- Business Management
- Develop and implement the acquisition operational strategies within allocated Region, as well as align with the Region acquisition targets.
- Organizing acquisition activities and functions in the field to achieve targets, revenues, and desired quality of acquisition.
- On time and high-quality system installations at the customers premises or any other location as directed by E.
- Support Conducting quarterly inventory audits for all ENGIE MobiShop. Stock takings & Stock audit report.
- Train Acquisition Agents, Dual Contractors, Collection Agent, Installation Technicians, Maintenance Technicians and in applicable policies, guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Organizing and facilitating regular team meetings according to guidelines provided by Zonal Business Manager standards.
- Mentoring each Acquisition Agent, Installation Technician, Maintenance Technician, Dual Contractor to enhance operational performance, motivation and engagement.
- Training and coaching of Acquisition Agents on topics including pitching, acquisition conversation, negotiations, closing, and building of strong and long-lasting relationships with customers.
- Managing Installation Technicians and MINTs
- Coordinate Installation Technicians and Maintenance technicians to ensures systems are installed and maintained.
- Support recruitment of new Installation and maintenance technicians in the acquisition Region.
- Prepare the monthly installation monitoring report for the Zonal Service Coordinator
- Review Control monthly commission payments and payroll follow up on faulty installations and inform Finance Department about deductions.
- Ensure repossessions are aligned and coordinated effectively and efficiently with focus to both customer and business profitability
- Identify the need for and recruit new contractors with support from Service Network Team Leader
- Responsible for disciplinary for installations and maintenance technicians
- Portfolio Monitoring:
- Gathering benchmark data for assessment purpose and analysis of causes of portfolio deterioration.
- Conduct initial assessment to establish the applicant's character to eliminate the risk of default.
- Managing assigned portfolio by attending work-out categories that should be applied to customers in late repayment such as recovery, extension of grace period, rescheduling or repossession.
- Providing regular portfolio, compliance and routing report to the Supervisor as required
- Ensure remedial action is taken when required to keep performance in line with business objectives.
- Completing assigned tasks in line with applicable policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Weekly planning and conducting field visits to undertake loan workout activities such as recovery, rescheduling or repossession and further find out why customers are not repaying and advise them on repayment options.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Follow up and solving all difficult cases that may involve missing customers, theft, forgery etc.
- Informing and reporting to ZBM about weekly routing, field visits, and difficult customer cases which need either in-depth negotiation or legal measures.
- Subordinates Effectiveness:
- Managing the daily work and activities of shop acquisition and collection agents.
- Deal with complex scenarios that may occur at the shop such theft, fire, violence etc.
- Participating in the recruitment of new acquisition and collection agents and training of new and agents.
- Conduct periodic performance review of acquisition and collection agents.
- Ensure Health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to, through Zonal Service Coordinators.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Active Customers (Portfolio) Management
- Customer Retention and Churn Management
- Hub Profit & Loss Management
- Minimum holder of bachelor’s degree and/or experience in acquisition and marketing, business administration, /microfinance or its equivalent.
- Previous experience in a managerial position is an added advantage.
- Ability and passion for Coaching and Training.
- Strong ability in planning and organization.
- Excellent Verbal communication skills with customer focus.
- Computer literate, team player and dynamic self-starter.
- Willing to travel/assign in any geographic Region in Tanzania.
- Fluent in English and Swahili is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in credit management activities
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Fluency in Swahili and English languages with excellent verbal communication skills.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!