Job Title: Call Center Manager
Department: Customer Experience Department
Reporting Line: Head of Customer Experience Nigeria
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Nigeria, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Responsible for the execution of operational excellence through optimization of resources that employ a customer centric focus aimed at delivering a consistently superior customer experience with EEA and services.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving development and implementation of call center purpose, principles and values in alignment with company purpose, principles and values.
- Contributing to the definition of the company organizational and programmatic strategy in close cooperation with other heads/Managers.
- Developing, aligning and implementing the call center operational strategy in close cooperation with respective Heads of Department.
- Planning, approving and adhering to the department budget.
- Efficiently and continuously improving departments operations.
- Developing, aligning and implementing operational management (e.g roles, policies and process) in department, in alignment with department operational strategy
- Participating in and contributing to regular team meetings • Workforce management- Implement, workforce tools that are suitable and effective in achieving correct and optimal staffing levels at all times.
- Workflow processes- develop and implement SOP’s that ensure a conducive work environment and enhance effective utilization of all call center teams.
- Provide performance reports daily, weekly and monthly establishing priorities, identify continuous improvement areas and make suitable recommendations
- Proactive operations management that fosters a conducive work environment that aims to reduce risks associated with call center operations.
- Develop a Quality assessment program that ensures audits are done consistently, identifies needs and recommends coaching or training as needed
- Drive Call center growth as a revenue earner in order to mitigate risks associated with operational processes.
- Subordinates’ effectiveness:
- Ensure staff understands the context of their roles in relation to EEA’s strategy.
- Regular review of Department KPIs, performance assessment vs KPIs along with related internal and external reporting
- Ensure staff in your department when performing their duties exhibit proper / acceptable behaviour.
- Ensure performance consequences are taken by the team leads in your department i.e., recognize best performers and manage poor performers from time to time through both, formal and informal feedback.
- Assess and monitor the training and development needs of the staff in the department.
- Ensure staff have the resources they require to perform their work • Undertaking any other duties which may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Knowledge and skills
- 3+ years’ experience in call center management
- Experience representing a medium and leading commercial multinational entity to both internal and external partners, and authorities
- Experience with networking, advocacy, and coordination
- Proven commitment to accountability practices and knowledge of quality assurance systems
- Experience with Sales oriented integrated operations in renewable energies sectors is preferred
- Experiences in coordinating, managing, recruiting, and leading a team of ambitious sales contractors.
- A holder of a minimum bachelors degree and/or experience in Business Administration, or its equivalent.
Previous experience in a Call center Agents leadership position is an added advantage.
Ability and passion for Coaching and Training.
Strong ability in planning and organization.
Excellent Verbal communication skills with customer focus.
Computer literate, team player and dynamic self-starter.
Willing to travel/assign in any geographic area in Nigeria.
Fluent in English and any other Nigerian language is an added advantage.
Good communicator with a relational ease
Excellent communications skills, and fluent in English
Analytical and planning & organizing skills
Detail-oriented and deadline driven
Ethical team player who can work under pressure
Ambition to grow professionally and contribute to the development of the company
Ability to think long-term
- Experience with CRM tools is required for the role
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Get things done, and are highly productive and results-oriented
- Empower their team members to own their work and challenge them to achieve more than they thought possible
- Communicate and collaborate effectively both within and across teams, listening and sharing information
- Know and care about their team members, help them to use their strengths at work, invest in their professional development, and prioritize feedback
- Live by the company values and mission, lead others to do the same, and create an inclusive and equitable environment
- Make the vision and strategy clear, and translate them into clear plans and expectations for the team and team members operate transparently and with accountability, and hold others accountable
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!