Job Title: Credit Team Lead
Department: Customer Finance
Reporting line: Head of Customer Finance
Locations: Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa, Kwara, Lagos, Oyo, Ebonyi, Enugu
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Engie Energy Access is looking for dynamic, highly motivated and disciplined Customer Finance Representatives with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy and financial inclusion. This position is a key role within the Customer Finance Department of a fast-paced start up at the front lines of renewable energy and mobile payment technology. This role requires individuals to work under limited supervision, perform duties associated with locating unreachable customers, direct interaction with customers and where need be deactivate non-paying customers while giving good customer experience.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Manage Customer Finance Representatives to deliver on set targets
- Support States and Region in their work with difficult arrears clients
- Staff Coaching and training on arrears management
- Manage Alternative delivery channel of payments
- Manage additional ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Sales Managers and Customer Finance Manager
Deliverables and Activities
- Develop a scalable credit portfolio maintenance and recovery process.
- Analyze credit data on sales results and develop operational plans and to address performance gaps and improvement.
- Reach all quantitative and qualitative targets set by the customer finance department on Late to first payment, bounce backs, Repossession and Momo Agents.
- Analyzing operational process and reviewing them to enhance result
- Managing and maintaining the zone at a high positive credit portfolio
- Coordinate and align with stakeholders to reduce arrears including holding recovery meetings with sales team leads.
- Performing Repossession of our Kits and visit to difficult arrears clients.
- Conduct coaching sessions on recovery activities for your team and Sales teams in the region
- Monthly performance review and training for performance improvement with the customer finance representative team within the region.
- Delivered better and seamless payment channel (Paga & Momo) to customer locations over time.
- Manage repayment Payment integration within the respective regions
- Manage an increased percentage of customers making payment via alternative delivery channels.
- Work with our customers to understand needs and provide improvement to seamless and better payment channel in the zone/region
Required Skills & Experience
- 2 - 3 years experience as a Recovery Officer
- Experience in leading a team
- A good proficiency of Data Analytics Tool (Tableau, SQL, Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to work with and manage a team in rural communities
- Skilled in customer relations, negotiations and problem solving.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues, cross-functional counterparts, external business partners and management team.
- HND/BSC Degree or diploma in a relevant field
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!