Job Title: Business Intelligence Developer (Short Term Contract, 6 Months Max)
Department: Global Finance
Reporting line: Global Head of Accounting and Reporting
Location: Berlin, Germany or any EEA market
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
ENGIE Energy Access is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and accurate BI Developer with a passion in renewable energy, and intelligent financial inclusion to join our team on a short term contract. This position will be part of the Global Accounting and Reporting team that is based in Berlin, Germany, led by the Head of Accounting and Reporting.
The Global Business Intelligence Developer will ensure timely and accurate reporting, implement processes and controls to ensure best practices and adherence to global accounting standards and tax laws. The Accounting and Reporting department is responsible for EEA Engie cash management, the set up and improving of Engie EEA financial procedures, the accounting, and the internal and external reporting of the ENGIE EEA financials. The BI Developer will report directly to the Head of Accounting and Reporting
- Integrate data from various sources into the existing BI systems, ensuring quality and accuracy
- Operate and monitoring of business intelligence (BI) applications
- Gain in-depth knowledge of data and provide to the colleagues financial key figures for analysis and evaluation
- Implementation, and support of the reporting tools
- Further development and maintenance of the data collection
- Support development of concepts in collaboration with the team and with colleagues from other departments (IT, Digital, Operations …)
- Work in exciting and varied projects in a cross-functional team and take responsibility for the application during ongoing projects
- Implementation of data warehouse projects for consolidation, planning and forecastin
- Work closely with Global Operations and Africa subsidiary Operations teams to ensure proper systems and processes for inventory management in the datawarehouse, ensure adherence to monthly/quarterly counts and analysis within EEA
Knowledge and skills
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of data analysis
- Knowledge in finance, highly desired basic knowledge in accounting and reporting
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- VBA experience is a plus
- Completed degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or economics
- French is a plus
- German is a plus
- Founded knowledge in MS Office, SQL/MySQL, Python
- Experience with a BI tool (Tableau) is highly desired
- Experience with ERP (SAP B1) is a plus
- VBA knowledge is a plus
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!