Job Title: State Sales Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reporting Line: Head of Sales & Marketing
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales team leads, sales agents, installation technicians, dual contractors and their customers. The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective sales work.
- Acquire new customers and increase repeat sales for our most creditworthy existing customers
- Continuously improve customer repayment
- Own and advance relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide leadership to the teams that drive sales and customer repayment
- Acquire new customers and increase repeat sales for our most creditworthy existing customers:
- State Sales Strategy- Continuously refine and iterate on our state sales strategy that aims to reach millions of customers in need of ReadyPay Power by 2020, both by acquiring new customers and increasing repeat sales to existing customers
- Sales and Marketing initiatives- Test, validate, and refine EEA Nigeria’s strategic sales and marketing initiatives based on analysis of our unique data set and field-based insights, in order to amplify our sales model to drive new customer acquisition
- Continuously improve customer repayment:
- Commercial Strategy- Develop a commercial strategy at state level that optimizes customer lifetime value (CLV) through increasing new sales, improving loan performance, and growing active customers and repeat sales
- Data Based Insights- Use our unique data set as well as insights derived from the field to refine and iterate on our customer retention strategy, in order to improve payment velocity, repayment rates and repeat sales
- Relationship Management:
- Own and advance relationships with key stakeholders
- Support in creating and maintaining relationships with current and potential commercial partners
- Create and own relationship management of key stakeholders within the sales process, especially with distribution partners (if any)
- Sales Channels:
- Identify and assess additional sales channels to expand sales coverage across your state, including distributors, corporation and NGO partners.
- Provide leadership to the teams that drive sales and customer repayment:
- Communication- Live and communicate EEA’s mission to improve the quality of life of our customers
- Culture- Uphold and help continually build the ENGIE culture which always embraces the vision and values and always puts the customer’s experience first
- Leadership to Team Leads- Build upon, support, and provide exceptional leadership to the Team Leads and Fenix Power Champions, including testing and setting compensation, targets, and incentive structures.
- Recruitment and Training- Oversee the recruitment, training and ongoing management of sales, marketing, and customer repayment teams in your state.
- Team Development- Support team development by performing regular reviews and trainings and finding creative ways to boost low performing sales team members
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum years of experience required for success in the role
- Specific experience in certain fields or technical areas
- Is leadership experience required?
- Other required experience
- Good to have experience
- Minimum educational qualifications required for the position
- French is a plus
- Experience in technology required for the role
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!