Job Title: Global Account
Department: Global Finance
Reporting line: Global Head of Accounting and Reporting
Location: Berlin, Germany
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
ENGIE Energy Access is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and accurate Accountant with a passion in renewable energy, and financial inclusion to join our team. This position will be part of the Global Accounting and Reporting team that is based in Berlin, Germany, led by the Head of Accounting and Reporting.
The Global Accountant will ensure timely and accurate financial accounting, support the implementation of processes to ensure best practices and adherence to IFRS, HGB (local German accounting standards) and tax laws of the entity Engie Mobisol GmbH. The Accounting and Reporting department is responsible for EEA cash management, the set up and improving of EEA financial procedures, the accounting, and the internal and external reporting of the EEA financials. The Accountant will report directly to the Head of Accounting and Reporting.
- Review the completion of financial reconciliations and inventory management in the EM GmbH
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of invoices and for posting all the different business transactions, including data entry into ERP system, responsible of masterdata and document management of EM GmbH
- Support payment workflow of EM GMBH
- Responsible of monthly tax filing of ENGIE Mobisol GmbH
- Manage accurate and timely reconciliations of EM GMBH financials
- Support internal and external audits of ENGIE M GmbH
- Handle business or data requests as required, support various other accounting initiatives
- Review and follow-up on all insurance-related items for global business
- Support global financial reporting activities for all African countries, including monthly and yearly financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist and support the global team to improve the current ERP system and future roll out, rolling out new modules, reporting and dashboards
- Work closely with Global and Africa finance teams to ensure proper systems and processes, and adherence to monthly/quarterly IFRS and HGB reporting
Knowledge and skills
- At least 4 years working experience in an Accounting environment
- Relevant professional experience with German regulations and standards
- IFRS knowledge is a plus
- Very good organisational and analytical skills, keen to details
- Good communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external parties on all levels
- Passion for EEA´s vision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a Finance related field
- Education in the accounting following HGB is a plus
- French is a plus
- Computer literate with high level of skill in Microsoft 365
- Knowledge and experience in SAP B1
Join us to be part of an incredible company that is making a meaningful difference across Africa. Our team has the autonomy to be creative, work entrepreneurially, and solve big, juicy problems.
We appreciate our team with an array of strong benefits. Along with being part of a life-changing mission and a community of fantastic teammates, here’s what you can expect:
- Attractive salary
- We ensure that you are well-protected with life / disability insurances provided as standard to all employees
- 28 days' paid time off
- Flexibility to work in a state-of-the-art office, along with home office solutions
- Fun team building offsite events at scenic countryside locations
- Office kicker table for lunchtime games, free drinks and fruit, and opportunity to take part in regular team events
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!